Australian Written Championships

ABPA members can post information and general feedback about bush poetry events.
Organisers can include bush poetry results in this forum.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Terry

Australian Written Championships

Post by Terry » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:59 pm

Are the Australian written championships still on?

Terry

vwalla

Re: Australian Written Championships

Post by vwalla » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:09 pm

Yes Terry
They are being held in conjunction with the Hunter Bush Poets Festival ( Judged by our own Carol Heuchan) See Web Site for more Info
Val w

Terry

Post by Terry » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:40 pm

Thanks Val,
I saw something awhile ago but looked the other day and it seemed to have disappeared including where to download an entry form and the closing date, I'll look again.

Terry

Terry

Post by Terry » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:07 pm

G/day again Val,
Had another look but couldn't find anything on the ABPA site, will see if I can find something on the Hunter site.

Terry

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:17 pm

G'day,

To get the entry form you have to email Carol Heuchan. Entries close in the not too distant future so check it out o I'll try to post it here - not as pretty but it has the information...

Hunter Bush Poets presents:
Australian Bush Poetry Written Championship 2011
Overall Best Poem - the Australian Champion –
will receive $300 and trophy!
Plus- A) Original Serious - $150 first prize $50 second $30 third
No of poems……….Entry $10ea =
B) Original Humorous - $150 first prize $50 second $30 third
No of poems……….Entry $10ea =_______
TOTAL _______
Six finalists notified. Placing and certificates to fifth place (plus H.C.& C.)
Competition will be judged by two qualified A.B.P.A .Judges
Poems will be critiqued, free of charge, if an additional large S.A.E. is included.(tick box below)
NB This competition is for poems with meter and rhyme (as per ABPA).

ENTRIES CLOSE 30TH SEPTEMBER 2011

Please note, in addition to the entry form, each poem entered will need a cover sheet showing category entered -S or H - title of poem, author & contact details
NOTE:
Poems must not have been published for monetary gain or placed on a website and must not have previously won a written competition. Poems should be typed (preferably) and in plain font, on plain white paper with no sketches or identifying marks - anonymity is essential. Pages to be numbered. Only the Title and S (for serious) or H (for humorous) may appear on the poem – no author name.

Name………………………………………………………
Address……………………………………………………
………………………………………………………………
Phone ……………..email…………………………………
My poem/s is/are original and I have written without anyone else’s assistance.
Should my poem win, I agree to it being published in the A.B.P.A. Magazine
Signature (I guarantee originality of all entries) …………………………………………………...

I have included a large, stamped addressed envelope for each poem I would like critiqued
Chq./M/O & S.A.E. to: The Registrar, Trevor Harragon 6 Dalmeny Drive, Macquarie Hills 2285
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Terry

Post by Terry » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:01 pm

Thanks for going to all that trouble Zondrae,
The only reason I was asking was because I will probably be away and I like to try and support that Comp if possible.
Sounds Like I had better get cracking and try to write something new for it.

Regards and once again Thanks,

Terry

carol heuchan

Post by carol heuchan » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:32 pm

I wish anyone wanting to know about things would go to the correct source instead of this stupid site. Sorry but it just makes me angry. Fiirstly YES the Australian Championships ARE on and it has always been on the correct section of this webiste, the events section at the front - not here.
Secondly who is judging - and there are TWO of them - is NOT for public knowledge, I strongly obect to incorrect or non public info being published here. carol heuchan

Terry

Post by Terry » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:43 pm

Hi Carol,
Seeing I made the first inquiry I suppose I'd better reply.
At the time of my inquiry the information was not on the events site, something had been there before briefly then disappeared for awhile.

As mentioned before, I asked because I was due to go bush at that time and like to try and support that comp. and didn't want to miss the deadline. I eventually went to the Hunter site and downloaded an entry form from there.

At no time did I mention judges, why should I. I have been more than pleased with the judging of any comp. I have entered, and have always thought they did an excellent job. and I'm sure all other members of this forum think the same.

Carol You are held in the highest esteem, not only on this forum, but throughout the whole bush poetry scene, so it was disappointing to see you refer to this site the way have, as some dedicated poets enjoy visiting here.

Regards Terry

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:02 pm

Carol I can back Terry up 100%.. At the time his enquiry was made, there definitely was no information in the Events section of the main page - because I looked too. I also searched on the Hunter Bush Poets' site for information at the same time. This section of the web site is a forum for poets to chat and exchange information and because of that, Terry and others were able to find out more information (apparently correct) about your event.

regards,
Heather :)

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:41 pm

Really good way to get support for your competition Carol.

I do not know you personally but obviously as Terry said you are held in high regard in bush poetry circles.

Stupid site ! Well that's a matter of opinion and something I my self take great offence to but then everyone is entitled to their opinion right or wrong.

From what I can see the info was obtained as requested and that is the benefit of the forum as Heather states.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!