THE COPPER CROC POETRY AWARDS 2014

ABPA members can post information and general feedback about bush poetry events.
Organisers can include bush poetry results in this forum.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:15 pm

Hello All.
Here is the Entry Form and Details of the 2014 COPPER CROC POETRY AWARDS.

How time flies! It is nearly a year since I lost my darling croc & held this Inaugural event in his honour. Once again I thank you all for your marvellous support last year. I have high hopes that you will all get cracking and send in more of your u-beaut poems so that I can edge forward to the ultimate goal of creating a bonza event, in the bush venue you helped to start establishing. Progress has been made there but I still have much to complete before it is a viable venue that will support performers as well as our wonderful writers. GOOD LUCK!

Please feel free to distribute these details to your own contacts/websites.

‘THE COPPER CROC’ Poetry Awards 2014. Theodore Qld.

ADULT WRITTEN COMPETITION: for Metered & Rhyming Verse

(I will endeavour to introduce a Childrens’ Section in 2015)

Any Subject: 1st prize: $200 + The Copper Croc Trophy
2nd & 3rd prizes: Certificate & Poetry Books/CD’s

Bonus Prize! For the best poem on the subject of ‘Wild and Wonderful Australia’ ie.a poem specifically honouring our unique Australian flora and fauna, and habitat:

A pair of Limited Edition stainless camping mugs, beautifully etched with ‘The Leichhardt Tree’ (kindly donated by the Upper Dawson Branch of The Wildlife Preservation Society of Queensland)
(Please be sure to note ‘Wild and Wonderful Australia’ above your poem’s Title to be eligible.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entry Fee: $6 per poem or 3 for $15

Individual Critiques: $10 ea & send SSAE for return of same, posted after the event.

Closing Date: (Postmarked) Monday March 24th 2014.

Results Announced Saturday April 26th 2014

Please ensure that you attach a Cover Sheet for each poem individually, detailing Name, Address, Phone Number/s, Email address & TITLE of your poem & amount enclosed. Do not show the author's name on submitted entries. All metered & rhyming poems are eligible, except for past first prize winning poems &/or poems published for the profit of the author.

Make cheques out to Glenny Palmer & post to:

The Administrator
The Copper Croc Poetry Awards
PO Box 198
Theodore QLD 4719

Enquiries: 0407557315
Croc Trophy 005.jpg
ann mug2.jpg

ENTRY FORM

Written Competition for Metered & Rhyming Verse

in honour of the late W John Moss (croc)

NAME -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADDRESS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------Post Code---------

Telephone No ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email Address ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Number of Entries ---------

Number of Critiques -------

Amount enclosed ---------

TITLES OF ENTRIES

1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------Critique: Yes No

2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------Critique: Yes No

3 ------------------------------------------------------------------------Critique: Yes No

4 ------------------------------------------------------------------------Critique: Yes No

I declare that the enclosed poems are entirely my own work and have not been published for the profit of the author, or placed first in a written competition prior to the closing date (March 24th 2014)

I agree to the conditions of entry and accept that the Judges’ decisions are final.

Signed………………………………………………………………………Date……../……../…….

Entry forms may be copied, or downloaded from the Australian Bush Poetry Website http://www.abpa.org.au/events.html or email glennypoet at bigpond dot com to request one be emailed to you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.