Eau de dog

ABPA Financial members can post their Bush Poetry here ...
All Forum Visitors can view but only Financial ABPA Members can post and reply.
Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Eau de dog

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:07 am

Eau de dog

It is raining, and the old dog senile sally is all wet
and the scent of eau de dog is in the room.
I would spray her with Glen 20 to try and mask the smell
but the fear of this would make my old girl swoon.

I was sitting at the ‘puta and could hear a crunching noise
but it took a while to permeate me brain,
when I looked out of the window here was Molly on the lawn
chewing up an old bone in the pouring rain.

I yelled at her to get inside and not be such a dill
and so she did - she promptly bought herself inside; :roll:
which was not my intention, I meant underneath the house
but she bought the bone up to me with great pride.

So I dried he coat and muzzle and wiped her muddy paws,
gave her a pat and kiss and let her be.
I am not one who’s so house proud that I worry ‘bout the floors
but from eau de dog perfume I might just flee. :lol: :lol:

Maureen Clifford © 03/11
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Heather

Re: Eau de dog

Post by Heather » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:42 am

Lovely Maureen. Love your dog, just not their odour. My little dog Bud is killing rats and often smells of dead things he has chewed - love my dog, just not his breath. The dead rat can be thrown far out into the paddock but somehow it finds its way back onto the front lawn or on the door step.

Heather :)

Maureen K Clifford

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:51 am

Heather I have a tube of doggy toothpaste here and two doggy toothbrushes you would be very welcome to - only used once. :lol:

Let me tell you drenching sheep was easier than trying to clean the teeth of this pair. I have never seen a border collie and an overweight arthritic one at that - manage to put so much' I am not doing that attitude' into anything in my life, and as for Ellyssa you would swear to God I was cutting her throat. I gave up - it is a wise woman who knows when she is beaten - hence they now have to rely on natures toothbrush - the bone, and the halitosis is far easier to live with than eau de dog...they also do not like their fancy nancy doggy deodorant that their Gran bought for them either - spray it on by all means and brush it through as it also conditions their coat but within 5 minutes they have found a pile of bat droppings to roll in and you don't want to go there - trust me :lol: :lol:

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

noelcauser

Post by noelcauser » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:00 pm

dogs are dogs maureen and they sometimes smell.maybe our scientist should to see if they are adding to Global warming. The University down in canberra want to lock up some Roo's to see how much carbon they admit. With all the hot coming out of Canberra maybe we should lock the pollies up and see what they contribute. Maybe someone could invent a. Polly Fart container.!

r.magnay

Post by r.magnay » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:13 pm

...it's not the pollies farts that cause the problem......it's the fact that when they speak, most times they follow through with the real thing! :roll:
Ross

Maureen K Clifford

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:46 pm

Oh don't worry Noel I love my girls. Most of the time they don't smell at all only when they get wet. Some women wax lyrical over the smell of a freshly powdered baby - I'll take my pair any day. Warts and all I love them both just the way they are are. ;)

I too read about that test on roos - How bloody stupid - what are they wasting money on that for. Are they trying to implicate our roos now as well as our cattle in global warming? I hope that the Australian public will along with the RSPCA take the whole concept on board if it is not some monumental joke and tell them to save our money. Wh in their right mind could even contemplate restraining a roo in a small cage for a period of about 9months I think I read...that is akin to putting a POW into one of those small bamboo cages the Vietcong were fond off and inflicting daily torture....not on IMO

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:21 pm

Now if you could bottle that odour Maureen, there could be a sentimental market for it
Parfum de Chien. Old boundary riders might really go for a girl with that on.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Maureen K Clifford

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:38 pm

Not sure I want an old boundary rider Neville :shock: :lol: Had in mind rather a rich publican :lol:

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:21 pm

Maureen I have three dogs here one is a tenterfield terrier and always smells beautiful she loves the reclyner and owns the house. The red kelpie is boss and spends her day hunting lizards or what ever else lives under the wood pile. The last one is a labrador and true to breed is a dumb as dog ------ she sits and watches all that goes on and will find the smelliest thing she can to roll in or chew up anything left within reach.

But you are right you have to love them and you get the same greeting even if you have been away for five minutes or five months.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

r.magnay

Post by r.magnay » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:37 pm

Crikey Bob, you reckon Labs are dumb?....I bet there are a lot of blind people who would hate to hear that!!.......I used to have a golden lab, pretty thick for the first couple of years but once he was passed the puppy stage I have never seen a dog so smart and easy to train.....mind you his ol' fella got him shot.......not unlike a lot of humans I know!.... :roll:
Ross