Us Three

ABPA Financial members can post their Bush Poetry here ...
All Forum Visitors can view but only Financial ABPA Members can post and reply.
Zondrae

Re: Us Three

Post by Zondrae » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:14 am

G'day Marty,

I get where you are coming from mate. I lost one of my dearest on Australia day. Even though I had not seen him for 22 years, we kept in touch by the odd letter, card and more recently Facebook. It hurts just as though he lived next door. He was a like spirit. I guess he is the frst of that crew to leave this mortal soil. He was living in Wales and I had the difficult duty of spreading the word. It is strange but photos of his last visit keep popping up on my screensaver.

The rhyming pattern you have chosen suits the reminiscing style of the piece. As I guess you had never heard of 'metre' when you wrote this your slight wabbles are overlooked. The feeings are well expressed and handled with appropriate tenderness. Not bad for a 'bloke'.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Leonie

Post by Leonie » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:25 am

How sad Marty, and tragic, two young men gone far too soon. I can only guess what you must have been feeling listening to those two old mates reminiscing, but there is something in that poem that seems to capture it.

Trace

Post by Trace » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:05 pm

Zag and Cooky Marty?

Heather

Post by Heather » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:42 pm

It's sad when your friends go Marty, especially when they are young. It makes you aware of your own mortality and the fact that life needs to be lived to the full.

Heather :)