In Memory

ABPA Financial members can post their Bush Poetry here ...
All Forum Visitors can view but only Financial ABPA Members can post and reply.
Cas van Loon

Re: In Memory

Post by Cas van Loon » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:28 am

Hello Trace, My mum and dad were both involved in underground activity during the war in Holland. We migrated to Aussie in the 50's but there was never a word about the underground work. It had to be a very special occasion if and when they would talk about it. I was very young when the war finished and have never talked about what I saw in those days. War pictures are a no-no and all this dragging up of the war years on the TV is abhorrent to me. What's past is past. From my point of view you did a good job with your poem and that 's how it was. cheers, Cas

David J Delaney

Post by David J Delaney » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:36 am

Trace wrote:Sadly too many of that generation are passing with stories not fully told. Its good to play a part in keeping some of it alive.
You hit the nail on the head here Trace & as for your poem, what a beauty, brought a lump to my throat eh! the underground did a fantastic job where ever they were throughout Europe, even Capt. Reg Saunders was was saved from the Isle of Crete disaster by the underground.

Bellobazza

Post by Bellobazza » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:43 pm

G'day Trace...
Your poem is not only an honest tribute to a hero and a family member, it is also well written. I suspect we will see some very good poems posted by you.
Well done and welcome to the ABPA mob.

Cheers, Will.
"Each poet that I know (he said)
has something funny in his head..." CJD