The Bronze Swagman

ABPA Financial members can post their Bush Poetry here ...
All Forum Visitors can view but only Financial ABPA Members can post and reply.
Heather

Re: The Bronze Swagman

Post by Heather » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:39 pm

Leonie I think Kym is a bigger nut than you. Or is it a FRUIT LOOP! :lol: You are such a dag Kym. I mean dag as in silly, not those things on the backsides of sheep.....

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:01 pm

One should really be very careful of what one says on this forum, it could be easily be construed as name-calling or an attempt to start a twelve page gambit.

Shock horror that that should happen. :o

TTFN 8-)
I Keep Trying

Leonie

Post by Leonie » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:02 pm

Ha ha Kym, that's priceless. :lol: :lol: Don't know about a fruit loop Heather, but she's definitely another Queensland Nut.

Now Kym repeat after me ... it's a Queensland nut, ... none of this Macadamia rubbish. Well it always was when I was a kid anyway and if it isn't we will claim it anyway. We claim Russell Crowe as an Aussie so claiming one little nut (or bigun if it's Kym's ;) ) as a Queenslander shouldn't cause too much trouble.

Psst Kym, I think Dave is on to us. Oh and talking of Dave, I keep meaning to ask, what does TTFN stand for - ta ta for now?

warooa

Post by warooa » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:18 pm

Yeah that's a classic one Kym . . and goodonya Leonie . . as for the nut - have you ever heard it called the Bauple (or Bopple) Nut? Because that is it's original (whitefella) name . . as it originates from Mt Bauple, near Gympie - yes in Queensland. It was given the Macadamia tag after some scientist wonk named it after one of his scientific wonk mates John Macadam who besides being Scottish born, based in Melbourne, having a hand in the Burke and Wills debacle and being a bloody footy umpire probably wasn't a bad bloke who'd never seen or tasted the said nut before. I learnt all this from a half-gasp campaign to have it renamed The Bauple Nut some years ago. Interesting all the same.

I once made a Macadamia Nut hollandaise . . . mmmmm.

But you're still my favourite Qld nut, Leonie.

Cheers, Marty

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:02 pm

Leonie you’re on to it TTFN (Ta Ta For Now) as in Winnie the Poo and a multitude of Grandkids sitting on the knee being read to, mostly saying no no Pop don’t make it up read the proper words,
Such fun. :P

TTFN 8-)
I Keep Trying

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:38 am

Morning all,

To anyone who may be interested.. I think I read that:
Next year, being an anniversary for the Bronze Swagman, they are going to put all entries in a special anthology and also produce an other book of all the winners since the comp began... So get your pens out and remember it closes in April

(I hope they include the HCs in the winners book. I have two of them).
Zondrae King
a woman of words

David J Delaney

Post by David J Delaney » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:45 pm

Thank you Leonie, but, I wouldn't say my poems are up there with the best, they are ok I guess, so
I'll have a go in the Bronze swaggie.

Leonie

Post by Leonie » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:17 pm

David J, you're just being modest, your poems must be up there, you have the prizes to prove it. :)