THE SIMPLE LIFE

ABPA Financial members can post their Bush Poetry here ...
All Forum Visitors can view but only Financial ABPA Members can post and reply.
Glenny Palmer

Re: THE SIMPLE LIFE

Post by Glenny Palmer » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:39 pm

That sheila came around to croc when he was still a misogynistic,* confirmed (so he thought) bachelor-hermit . (* 'that's a bit severe' he'll say.)
Anyway....how she got her clipboard inside I dunno, but once in there she proceeded to state her declarations on 'lifestyle.' While she was in 'full throttle' she picked up his big bowl of 'frugals' * that he'd been saving for a month or more, & dumped them in the bin.

* 'frugals' the one third of unsmoked roll yer owns he'd stubbed out...kept for 'emergencies'. I suggested 'you should give up smoking, it'll kill you'....& he replied, 'I'd hate to die tongueing for a smoke!'

Anyway...I think she had to have her clipboard surgically removed after that....

Sorry Maureen...very interesting structure. Goodonyaluv.

Glenny
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.

Hully

Post by Hully » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:01 pm

Tops Maureen,
Very tops.....I reckon if you want to waste 20 precious hours reading Stephen Fry and further 10 ruining a perfectly fine piece of writing then go ahead.... but one would ask....why???

Glenny - please send off a pidgeon to that scaly old grump and tell him I miss him and his beautiful poems and I can organise a piece of number 8 to be rolled out to wherever he is if thats whats needed to get him back online - I know it aint perfick....but sometimes good enough is bloody great....

thanks Maureen.

h

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:36 pm

G'daaay Hully,
Bonza to 'see' you again mate. Between flood relief work, (which is diminishing his bank balance to....not desirable) & the 'little jobs' I have around here, (gotta strike while the iron's hot...when he blows in) he's a tad overtired. But I've been nagging him. 'You promised Zondrae a poem'...etc etc. I'll pack a picnic lunch & drag him into a rainforest where he can loll in a swamp to regenerate.....that might do the trick.
Cheeers
Glenny
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:52 am

Thanks all - glad you liked it....hope croc has forgiven you Glenny if you were the 'frugal frower' :lol: :lol:

You know this never ceases to amaze me - this is what Zondrae refers to as an elbow??? poem...one I wrote in about 10 minutes flat using some prompts on another site and yet it gets all these nice comments and I think???? judging from the comments from Marty and Peely that I may have done something interesting???? although not sure what,,,might be one of those pre historic type things with feet..not sure..or maybe those trochaic and iambic what you macallits??? Anyway I am happy you liked it. That is all that matters.

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.