My Ceiling is the Starlit Night

ABPA Financial members can post their Bush Poetry here ...
All Forum Visitors can view but only Financial ABPA Members can post and reply.
Dave Smith

Re: My Ceiling is the Starlit Night

Post by Dave Smith » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:36 pm

That’s Great Irene, puts me in mind of my many trips out into the desert and waking in time to watch the frost form on the swags of your mates in the very first light as the dark fades away, to watch your own misty breath turn to ice on the edge of your pillow, then listen to the arguments as to who is going to get up first to light the fire and put the Billy on for your first coffee of the new day. Thanks

TTFN 8-)
I Keep Trying

r.magnay

Post by r.magnay » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:59 am

'morning Irene,
It's something you have to do to appreciate fully I believe, as Dave said, a great description of a quite unforgettable activity. I rarely sleep on the ground in the open anymore,...except when I get to the coast and camp on the beach, but I certainly can relate to your poem from my many nights in the bush in a swag over the years. Thanks.
Ross

Terry

Post by Terry » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:39 pm

G/day Irene,
Like Dave & Ross I can relate to this having done a lot of it in the past, prefer the comfort of my old prospecting van these days.

You should have been a Jillaroo or a prospector Irene, you might have ended up a bit poorer but I bet you'd have loved the lifestyle - for awhile at least.
Always enjoy reading one of yours,

Cheers Terry

Mal McLean

Post by Mal McLean » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:29 pm

A great poem Irene

Mal
Preserve the Culture!