Homewrok w/e 18/5/11

ABPA Financial members can post their Bush Poetry here ...
All Forum Visitors can view but only Financial ABPA Members can post and reply.
Cropduster

Re: Homewrok w/e 18/5/11

Post by Cropduster » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:30 am

Hi Zondrae

Another great read, and incredibly funny

It reminded me of the time my mother served up crumbed brains and called them 'American Rissoles'...hmmm, I can feel a poem coming on!!!

If I end up stringing words together with anywhere near the skill and talent that you possess, I will be a happy camper.

Cheers

Allan

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:34 am

You're right Mal - I remember feeding my dogs lamb shanks because they were cheap - not any more I could buy a whole lamb (almost) for the price I would pay for 4 lamb shanks.

Reading your poem Zondrae I was think chitlings or tripe - but Polenta - walk in the park :) but if you don't like it you don't like it - Oysters are my nemesis
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

alongtimegone

Post by alongtimegone » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:49 am

Who cares about masterpieces Zondrae, that's a very funny poem and I'm with you all the way. I don't even like the name.
Wazza

Catherine Lee

Post by Catherine Lee » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:25 pm

Really enjoyable read Zondrae - and clearly has brought back many memories for lots of us. For me it brought back as if it were yesterday being served up a soggy black mess of mushrooms on toast by a friend's mother in my teens. I hated them anyway, but that ruined me for life with the fungi!