WRITTEN COMPETITION EVENTS AND RESULTS

Event Organisers can post Results here, with a reminder to also forward any results to the Admin for posting on the Main ABPA page.
Brenda Joy

WRITTEN COMPETITION EVENTS AND RESULTS

Post by Brenda Joy » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:03 pm

As you may already know, I have resigned as the ABPA Promotions Officer with respect to all aspects other than continuing to look after and publish our young writers' written poetry contributions through the various outlets available to me.

What this means for those who enter competitions as writers is that I no longer have access to the Promotions email site and I will no longer be sourcing, searching and promulgating upcoming written competitions nor sourcing, searching and promulgating written competition results.

To keep the cyber system flowing until a new Promotions Officer is appointed by the ABPA Committee, it would be useful if any information that comes your way regarding upcoming written competitions, is sent direct to Greg for the ABPA Website <web@abpa.org.au> and if any results that come your way are similarly passed on direct to Greg. Should you be the first-prize winner of a written competition, then it would be great if you could send your winning poem to Greg together with information of its award, and it would be much appreciated if you could also send a copy of the results and your winning poem to me at <halenda@live.com.au> as I will still be keeping the behind-the-scenes archives (which date from 2008) intact.

All of the above is particularly pertinent over the next month when, as advised by Shelley, the Forum will be closed for overhaul. There are four written competitions being judged during that period i.e. Narrabri, Ipswich, Toolangi and Kyabram with the WA Silver Quill early November and Lambing Flat early December, so thank you to all who will be involved in collective record keeping and advance congratulations to the respective winners of each.

Thank you all for all the past co-operation that has helped me to be able to help you.

Brenda Joy
Last edited by Brenda Joy on Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sing HU to open your heart.

Shelley Hansen

Re: WRITTEN COMPETITION EVENTS AND RESULTS

Post by Shelley Hansen » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:59 pm

Thank you for the update Brenda - and many thanks also for your ongoing commitment and dedication to keeping our archives up to date with the fine heritage of poetry and other information we have amassed.

You've been an outstanding Promotions Officer - as I'm sure our other members will agree.

Cheers
Shelley
Shelley Hansen
Lady of Lines
http://www.shelleyhansen.com

"Look fer yer profits in the 'earts o' friends,
fer 'atin' never paid no dividends."
(CJ Dennis "The Mooch o' Life")