BRONZE SWAGMAN 2017 - Results

Event Organisers can post Results here, with a reminder to also forward any results to the Admin for posting on the Main ABPA page.
Shelley Hansen

BRONZE SWAGMAN 2017 - Results

Post by Shelley Hansen » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:19 am

Greetings All ...

The following advice has been received from the Bronze Swagman organisers. Congratulations to Heather Searles and to all the prize-winners. Heather's poem "C for Charlie" can now be read on the Poetry page of the main ABPA website.

Dear Bronze Swagman entrants

This note is to say THANKS for entering in the 2017 Bronze Swagman Award for bush verse. We had 175 entries. A panel of judges has deliberated and the following are the awards:

Winner: C for Charlie by Heather Searles of Branxton, NSW
Runner Up: The Prairie Pub by Tim Borthwick of Toowoomba, Qld
Highly Commendeds:
* Searching for Heroes by Helen Harvey of Coonamble, NSW
* Just a Little, Further On by Tony Jewell of Wentworth, NSW
* Trooper Arthur Blain by Tim Borthwick of Toowoomba, Qld
* From The West by Bruce Simpson of Upper Caboolture, Qld
* Me Shearin’ Days are Over by Len Hutton of Attunga, NSW

Congratulations.

I am now in the process of getting the poems ready for the printer. We have the Winton Outback Festival in September and hope to have the book out by then. All entrants, of course, will receive a copy or copies. Further copies can be purchased. I will include a 2018 Entry Form and a book order form in the mailout of the books.

Many poems will appear in the 2017 book; more will appear (if permission has been granted) on the website http://www.bronzeswagman.info
Thanks for your continued support and if you would like to contact me for any reason please do.

Jeff Close
closeandmoller@gmail.com
Hon Bronze Swagman Award for Bush Verse Co-ordinator.
Shelley Hansen
Lady of Lines
http://www.shelleyhansen.com

"Look fer yer profits in the 'earts o' friends,
fer 'atin' never paid no dividends."
(CJ Dennis "The Mooch o' Life")