From Glennny re 2015 Copper Croc Awards

Event Organisers can post Results here, with a reminder to also forward any results to the Admin for posting on the Main ABPA page.
Glenny Palmer

From Glennny re 2015 Copper Croc Awards

Post by Glenny Palmer » Sun May 10, 2015 8:39 am

Hello my fellow bards.
I am writing to you from my iPhone as I am awaiting the geek to visit & get my troublesome pc up & running. The miniscule keyboard makes this a little difficult so please forgive any typos.
I have had some health issues this year ( nothing lfe threatening...except perhaps my will to live. :lol: ) This compromised my ability to manage these awards as efficiently as I feel bound to do so I called on Manfred to assist. He has responded most generously & ably & I am ever so grateful to him for rescuing this year's comp from possible disaster.

I had bravely set off just to spend Easter with my family in Brisbane. Fate had other ideas & between my copping the worst flu that could possibly exist, & my daughter having emergency surgery, my stay in Brisbane expanded to over 5 weeks. I finally returned home last night so my decision to hand over responsibility for the comp has proven to be a wise one. Letting you all down after your loyalty to the comp was not an option to me. So a huge thank you goes to Mannie & my Administrator Ann Hobson

My hearty congratulations go to the award winners. I am delighted with the results & thankful to all who supported us yet again this year.

It's time for another tub of Vicks & hot lemon & honey for me now. Blluurgh!
Hooroo & lotsalove
Glenny
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Re: From Glennny re 2015 Copper Croc Awards

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sun May 10, 2015 10:17 am

Have a happy Mums Day Glenny and hope the dreaded lurgy departs soon from your place and that you feel better quickly - here's some flowers to cheer you up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Sun May 10, 2015 3:43 pm

Beautiful red roses always cheer ladies up David, & they certainly cheered me too. Thank you so much, & my avid Congratulations on your win. It is a truly wonderful & brave poem. xx

Mal McLean

Post by Mal McLean » Sun May 10, 2015 4:37 pm

Be well, Glenny. :cry:
Preserve the Culture!

Catherine Lee

Post by Catherine Lee » Sun May 10, 2015 9:20 pm

Take great care of yourself Glenny and get well x

Robyn

Post by Robyn » Sun May 10, 2015 11:53 pm

Hope the hot lemon and honey is working its magic Glenny. Sounds like you're due for a bit of pampering. Wishing you health and happiness on Mothers' Day (Yes, I'm just squeezing the wishes in before Cinderella's coach turns back into a pumpkin.)
All the best.
Robyn Sykes, the Binalong Bard.

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Mon May 11, 2015 9:57 am

Many thanks Mal & Catherine Lee. Now that I've finally escaped the big smoke I'll have some chance of reviving in my lovely freeway-free Theodore. And my thanks & hearty Congratulations to you Robyn for your Wild and Wonderful win. A magic poem in every way love. xx

Shelley Hansen

Post by Shelley Hansen » Mon May 11, 2015 1:33 pm

Glenny, so sorry to hear you haven't been well. I really do empathise - early last year I experienced a really nasty flu with complications which kept me away from work for 2 months. It's no fun at all. So please rest as much as you can and get well soon.

Thank you so much for your generous sponsorship of our poetry through the Copper Croc Award. I was delighted to win third prize for the second year in a row. (Thanks Manny :D )

Congratulations David and Robyn on your first prizes - and also to all the placegetters. See, I said earlier in this forum we'd have to pull out our best to snare the croc!

Best Regards
Shelley
Shelley Hansen
Lady of Lines
http://www.shelleyhansen.com

"Look fer yer profits in the 'earts o' friends,
fer 'atin' never paid no dividends."
(CJ Dennis "The Mooch o' Life")

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Mon May 11, 2015 6:17 pm

Thank you Shelley and Congratulations to you too for your success again this year. The CC Awards are a are really a lovely co-operative between us all. The loyal contributors provide most of the funds required with their entry fees, & the judges & administrator do the leg work...& headwork. Lol. All in the name of hopefully advancing our craft. I thank you all for your ongoing support.
I do try to rest Shelley. Have little choice with this flamng bug! I'm sure I'll be up to causing mayhem here again soon. xx

Robyn

Post by Robyn » Wed May 13, 2015 9:06 pm

Thanks Glenny and Shelley, and congrats to David and other place-getters. Well done Glenny for organising and driving the whole thing, even from your sick bed.
Robyn Sykes, the Binalong Bard.