The Inaugural ''Copper Croc Poetry Awards''

Event Organisers can post Results here, with a reminder to also forward any results to the Admin for posting on the Main ABPA page.
Glenny Palmer

The Inaugural ''Copper Croc Poetry Awards''

Post by Glenny Palmer » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:19 pm

The Inaugural ‘Copper Croc Poetry Awards’ (2013) 132 Entries.
Croc Trophy 003 2.jpg
WINNER: Carol Heuchan (Cooranbong NSW) 'Spectrum'

2nd Place..Terry Piggott (Canningvale WA) 'The Bushman and The Warrigal'

3rd Place.......Catherine Lee Clarke (Mona Vale NSW) 'Revenge of the Chooks'

V/H/C:
Allan Goode (Nerang Qld) 'Uncle Erko's Mud Machine'
Irene Conner (Jurien Bay WA) 'When the Wattle Turns To Gold
Brenda Joy (Charters Towers Qld) 'Closure'
Tom McIlveen (Port Macquarie NSW) 'Our Convict's Legacy'

H/C:
Donald Crane (Toowoomba Qld) 'Bush Mother'
Allan Goode (Nerang Qld) 'A Broken Drought'
Allan Goode (Nerang Qld) 'A Letter Home'
Allan Goode (Nerang Qld) 'A Country Town Event'

Commended:
Irene Conner (Jurien Bay WA) 'Re-Birth'
Brenda Joy (Charters Towers Qld) 'Call of The Kimberley'
Tom McIlveen (Port Macquarie NSW) 'Jim The Drover'
Allan Goode (Nerang Qld) 'James'

Wild & Wonderful Australia Section.

Winner: Tom McIlveen (Port Macquarie NSW)

'The Yandel'ora Pastures'

Hearty Congratulations to all award winners! and our sincere thanks for the incredible support you all gave to this sad, but worthy cause. croc now has his ongoing Legacy through the outpouring of love and 'hands on' assistance that those who were able, contributed. Zondrae and Wayne King were slogging away on the end of a shovel and rake before Zondrae could have a quick shower and (very elegantly) hit the stage! ......(not to mention months of prior slogging to produce croc's book.) They had only travelled 1500 km's to 'enjoy' the preparations.......true Angels. Hal Pritchard & the lovely Brenda Joy travelled a similar distance, albeit with a very cranky car engine giving them untold grief. True to form, Brenda's wonderfully lively performance and musical prowess showed no signs of prior mechanical distress....yet more Angels. And just when we thought this was going to end up being an 'all sheila' turnout, the inimitable Bob Pacey (shades of Bobby Miller!) came galloping in on a white horse, in his 4X vest...I dunno about calling him an 'Angel' though......perhaps he'd prefer 'The Shining Knight'? We put on a bonza show that well & truly gave croc his well deserved send-off. ('Damned right!' I can hear him saying.)
There are legions of others deserving my profound thanks for helping to create a fabulous bush poetry venue......not the least being my incredible family who travelled 9 hours after work to get here & work even harder. A local 'in the know' commented 'they've done 6 months work here in 5 days!! My Angel neighbour Gail & my indomitable friend Ann (a lay preacher who not only coped with my hysterics but had a more than full calendar of sudden funerals in Theodore...and...administered the written competition for me) deserve much more than the gifts I had bought for them....that I can't find any more...croc's SES leader Barry, who provided us with lighting & much more....A HUGE thank you to each & every one of you that MADE this event possible, & successful. When I have tidied up my personal 'loose ends' from croc's passing....& possibly had some sleeep...I will endeavour to acknowledge you all. As croc would say.......''Bless yer all!''
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.

william williams

Re: The Inaugural ''Copper Croc Poetry Awards''

Post by william williams » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:44 pm

congratulations to all of you who participated in this new Legacy for CROC and above all to GLENNY for making it possible.

Rest in piece CROC for they have done you proud

Bill Williams

David Campbell

Post by David Campbell » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:46 pm

Congratulations, everyone!

Cheers
David

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:03 pm

That's just the best news, that despite the sadness it was a great time had by all and the weather held good for you and what a great trophy. Bonzer.

Congrats to all those worthy winners - it's looking like logies night :lol: :lol: Good to see Allan's name popping up there as well - he won the Bush Poets section in the 2012 Ipswich Poetry Feast .

Blessings to you Glenny and may the road old croc is travelling be filled with peace and light

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Mal McLean

Post by Mal McLean » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:05 pm

Well done to all!

Mal
Preserve the Culture!

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:42 am

My heartfelt thanks to you all; Marty, Bill, Maureen, Mal & thank you David for your extra support. (I was soo tempted to tea leaf your brand new book but thought Karma might get me if I didn't put it in the prize pool... :lol: )

I have posted a more comprehensive update in the official 'Results' section for you all.

You are all the most bonza mates anyone could hope for.
Love
Glenny

alongtimegone

Post by alongtimegone » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:42 am

Great report Glenny. To get to this point after what must have been a full on albeit rewarding few months must make you feel happy and proud. I'm sure that your friend Croc appreciates it, as I'm equally sure your ABPA friends do. Sounds like it culminated in a happy and successful finale. My congratulations to all who helped make it a success and also to those poets whose poems have won awards in the Copper Croc Competition.
Cheers ... Wazza

warooa

Post by warooa » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:58 pm

Goodonya Glenny - brilliant stuff.

And a big congrats to Terry who just keeps on getting his name up there amongst the best of 'em. :)

Cheers, Marty

ps. and all the other place getters and winners ;)

Terry

Post by Terry » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:00 pm

Thanks Marty,
I was really pleased to have done well in this particular one, especially as Glenny was judging it.

Cheers Terry

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:44 pm

Good on you too Marty. Much appreciated. And thank you Wazza for your kind thoughts & congratulations. It was a monumental undertaking, apart from croc's illness, but that true blue Aussie spirit was well demonstrated by the enormous support that all of you contributed in one way or another. Having mates like the Bush Poets is tops! So if Fate doesn't have any more tricks up her sleeve, we should have a bonza bush venue for future events....created by the poets for the poets. Would love to see you here at the next show Wazza.
Many thanks again...
Glenny