Balance

Post your jokes here ...
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Balance

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Thu May 03, 2012 10:22 am

God was missing for six days. Eventually, Michael, the archangel, found him, resting on the seventh day.

He inquired, --- "Where have you been?"

God smiled deeply and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds, ---- "Look, Michael. Look what I've made."

Archangel Michael looked puzzled, and said, ---- "What is it?"

"It's a planet," --- replied God, --- and I've put life on it. I'm going to call it Earth and it's going to be a place to test 'Balance.'"

"Balance?" --- inquired Michael, ---- "I'm still confused."

God explained, pointing to different parts of Earth. "For example,northern Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth, while southern Europe is going to be poor. Over here I've placed a continent of white people, and over there is a continent of black people. Balance in all things..."

God continued pointing to different countries. --- "This one will be extremely hot, while this one will be very cold and covered in ice."

The Archangel, impressed by God's work, then pointed to a land area and said, --- "What's that one?"

"That's Perth, the most glorious place on earth. There are beautiful trees and gardens, a beautiful river, and days filled with sunshine. The people from Perth are going to be handsome, modest, intelligent, and humorous, and they are going to travel the world. They will be extremely sociable, hardworking, high achieving, carriers of peace, and producers of good things."

Michael gasped in wonder and admiration, but then asked, --- "But what about balance, God? You said there would be 'balance.'"

God smiled, --- "I will create Canberra Wait till you see the idiots I'll put there."...............
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Dennis N O'Brien

Re: Balance

Post by Dennis N O'Brien » Thu May 03, 2012 7:38 pm

I lived in Canberra for a year - most of the people I knew were unbalanced. ;)

william williams

Post by william williams » Thu May 03, 2012 7:50 pm

NOW :roll: NOW :roll: DENNIS :lol: I nearly live near Canberra. :cry: Does that mean I am nearly unbalaced :o AND YES !BOB AND NEVILLE NO WISE CRACKS FROM YOU TOO ;) :lol:

bill the old battler

Dennis N O'Brien

Post by Dennis N O'Brien » Thu May 03, 2012 8:17 pm

Near Canberra is okay Bill - just don't get too close. :)

warooa

Post by warooa » Sat May 05, 2012 6:27 am

You tryna flush out a pollie, Maureen? Or a public servant ( :arrow: Boyce :| )

:P

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Sat May 05, 2012 8:15 am

You're not unbalanced Bill, that big heavy wallet keeps you from toppling over :lol:
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

william williams

Post by william williams » Sat May 05, 2012 6:11 pm

Now thats right Neville if you gave me some REAL money to put in my wallet I could take the Monoply money out of it fair enough mate

the old battler bill

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Wed May 09, 2012 8:27 pm

I've flushed out a few pollies down here re the live cattle export debate - I am now their best friend and on their permanent mailing lists - seems fair - I sent them the odd one or two :roll:
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.