GOSSIP

Post your jokes here ...
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
keats

Re: GOSSIP

Post by keats » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:42 am

I have no intentions. People steal them freely enough as it is without sticking them on the net. Sorry Bill, but if you want to hear my jokes buy a ticket to my show. As Manfred says, put them on the net and they go viral, half the would be comedians use them poorly and you are back writing more. That is why I also no longer post comedy poems here. People steal them. I often even have to judge my own poems!!

william williams

Post by william williams » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:38 am

OKAY NEIL :o and yes I do agree :roll: SO :twisted: don't critersize the age of my jokes
unless you want to write better.

Bill the old battler

keats

Post by keats » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:13 am

Exactly why I was against a Jokes section. Email them instead like millions of others do. No more from me on the matter, but of jokes are to be posted it would be nice to see them at least rewritten instead of cut and pasted.

Cheers

Neil

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:16 am

... to stop people putting up jokes elsewhere - 'General Poetry' and 'Off Topic' ... (and it was asked for) ... :D

Should I remove it??

Vic Jefferies

Post by Vic Jefferies » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:23 am

Let's not have a joke section. Let's not try and make anybody chuckle or smile for fear the joke that we post may have previously been heard or read by someone out there. After all old jokes are pretty damaging things and can cause some people to frown or become depressed. On the other hand those who live in fear of old jokes might take the option of not reading the joke section, but then perhaps they only read it so they can reassure themselves that they have heard every joke on the planet and are indeed superior to the average member.
I happen to like the joke section but must admit that I often go to the trouble of not reading jokes I have heard or read before. This takes some dreadful effort on my part but I find that easier than going to the trouble of reprimanding or criticizing the thoughtless person who posted the joke and who should have known that I would have previously heard it!
If I have a problem with the joke section it is that I don't like slightly off or blue jokes being posted as they may offend someone and we should never to do that.

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:23 pm

Now Vic that is funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sarcastic but funny good onya ya bloody nong.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Vic Jefferies

Post by Vic Jefferies » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:27 pm

Good on you Bob, glad you enjoyed my comments.
Reckon it might be a little bit like the bad manners displayed by those who delight in interrupting others who are trying to tell a joke by declaring that they have heard it or worse still delivering the punch line!
After all it is all a bit of fun and wouldn't it be far nicer and easier to just not comment when you don't enjoy a joke posted on this site unless of course you consider the post beyond the pale and totally unsuitable?

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:21 pm

Leave it in after all who's it hurting. Not Me.

TTFN 8-)
I Keep Trying