Cooktown (and Marty) ...

Post your images from any Bush Poetry events here.

Please keep the file sizes down to under 150kb. If your greatest image dimension is 600px or under, there will be no problems keeping within the file sizes.
Keeping the LARGEST dimensions at 600px means, if the length is 600px then the width could be the same but preferably less. Conversly, if the width is 600px then the length could be the same but preferably less.
Forum rules
Please keep the file sizes down to under 150kb and the dimensions UNDER 600 X 600px ...
Bob Pacey

Re: Cooktown (and Marty) ...

Post by Bob Pacey » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:46 pm

A picture is forming in my mind of you trying to outrun a bush fire Heather not a pretty site.

Seriously though hope all is ok.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:49 pm

Witchy woman :lol: that would have been very scary though. You OK?
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:56 pm

All good. I sat on the front verandah and watched the fire engines come and go! I can't drive so I can't actually go and see the damage. Sounded interesting though. :)

Gary Harding

Post by Gary Harding » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:46 pm

Sitting on a verandah, looking at a bushfire and having dodgy ankles does not present a nice picture.
The best thing for you Heather is the warmth of sunny Qld.... and then let the doctors do their thing later on.
The Bundy Mob's Muster is on in July and just up the road from here... no excuses... so why not go for it! Jump on a plane, relax and be in QLD in a few hours, for breakfast even! Easy done. Lots of your friends to see and catch up with too.
Crook Ankles and the Melbourne Cold simply do not mix.
You have to LOOK AFTER YOURSELF girl!

Heather

Post by Heather » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:57 pm

That's a very kind thought Gary, but without a generous benefactor to pay for the limousine to the airport, the airfare and accommodation, and a chariot to carry me around in, that's just not going to happen in the foreseeable future. I also have other plans in July. Another time maybe.

I hasten to add that I was not in any danger yesterday. The wind wasn't heading my way which was really lucky.

Gary Harding

Post by Gary Harding » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:56 pm

Yes that's fair enough.
If your July is booked up then QLD is off the agenda.
It was just a thought...
BTW... any ABPA members who would like accomm. for the Muster are always welcome here.. it is only 90mins up the road and I will likely go for at least one day.
The local news said many people simply could not get in last year. Very popular function.
Which means be there (early) or be square.
Or take your portable bbq for an alternative bush function.
I lived for several years in Cairns, but never got to Cooktown! what a lovely place.