Ted Egan at Toolangi ...

Post your images from any Bush Poetry events here.

Please keep the file sizes down to under 150kb. If your greatest image dimension is 600px or under, there will be no problems keeping within the file sizes.
Keeping the LARGEST dimensions at 600px means, if the length is 600px then the width could be the same but preferably less. Conversly, if the width is 600px then the length could be the same but preferably less.
Forum rules
Please keep the file sizes down to under 150kb and the dimensions UNDER 600 X 600px ...
manfredvijars

Ted Egan at Toolangi ...

Post by manfredvijars » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:54 pm

Ted Egan (Patron) at the Toolangi Festival
(Piccie by Nerys Evans)

I'm sure Stephen will fill in the details ... :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stephen Whiteside

Re: Ted Egan at Toolangi ...

Post by Stephen Whiteside » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:10 am

Thanks for this, Manfred.

That's me with the microphone in front of my face. (I recognise my hat.)

Yes, Ted Egan is indeed the Patron of the C.J. Dennis Society. We were not expecting him to be at the festival this year (at least I wasn't), but I was thrilled to hear a week or so out from it that he would be there - at least for a few hours on the Saturday afternoon, as he was, and at the perfect time to open it.

This photo was taken at the commencement of the Awards Ceremony for the written poetry competition. The marquee served as the festival venue for most of the weekend, but at times when it was a little too chilly - early in the morning and later in the afternoon and evening - we retreated to the tea room. It was a little cramped up there at times, but much cosier.

In addition to his ceremonial duties, Ted also performed his musical tribute to Australia's pioneer women. (Perhaps somebody can help me with the title.) The only sour note was that one of the women has a son who goes on to play football for Collingwood. Ah well, you can't have everything...
Stephen Whiteside, Australian Poet and Writer
http://www.stephenwhiteside.com.au