Piccies of Kym ...

Post your images from any Bush Poetry events here.

Please keep the file sizes down to under 150kb. If your greatest image dimension is 600px or under, there will be no problems keeping within the file sizes.
Keeping the LARGEST dimensions at 600px means, if the length is 600px then the width could be the same but preferably less. Conversly, if the width is 600px then the length could be the same but preferably less.
Forum rules
Please keep the file sizes down to under 150kb and the dimensions UNDER 600 X 600px ...
manfredvijars

Piccies of Kym ...

Post by manfredvijars » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:57 am

A little space remember Kymbo ...
Add your piccies but PLEASE try and keep the width under 800 pixels.

If you have a problem formatting your images please contact me for help

Manfred.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Heather

Re: Piccies of Kym ...

Post by Heather » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:36 am

A day in the Old Melbourne Gaol Sept 2011
DSC_0279 kym head.jpg

kym reading cropped reduced.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Heather

Post by Heather » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:41 am

This is why I always smile or laugh when I think of Kym.

DSC_0303 reduced.jpg
DSC_0304 reduced.jpg
DSC_0305 reduced.jpg

Heather

Post by Heather » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:44 am

And right now I'd be in big trouble...... :)
DSC_0306 reduced.jpg

Heather

Post by Heather » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:23 am

Bundaberg July 2011 - from memory we shared a piece of cheesecake....
Bundaberg.jpg

Leonie

Post by Leonie » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:39 am

Ipswich, 2011.
Kym & me.jpg

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:00 pm

There's a 'First Time' for everyone.

Kymmie was known as the "Mad Mare" on Frank's old forum site. She was rather shy at first, only posting occasionally and sometimes adding comments as she saw fit.

Her first Poet's Festival was the "Beaudesert Horse and Pickled Goats Extraveganza" in June 2005.
Glenny and Al had 'Fairymede' Cottage and were the hosts for the evening concert and walkup.

Kymmie had not long undergone her masectomy and had recently written a poem about an errant runaway artificial boob. She shared this poem on the weekend. It was funny, very funny!

Kymmie had a wicked sense of humour and her mind was sharp as a whip.

After that weekend, her shyness broke (slightly) and she would come out a little more ...

Here is one of her posts on Frank's old Forum after that weekend in 2005.

Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2005 4:12:45 AM

Hello everyone,

I just had the best, best, best weekend at Beaudesert.

I met friends, who I have known for ages, but had never seen:
Glenny - my precious angel, who knows me better than I know myself,
Big Al - (can I keep him please Glenny?), and
Carol - my own personal cheer squad (where's the Kleenex?)
I love them all so much.

I met friends I haven't seen for a while:
John and Joy - my last-minute coaches and support crew.

I also met many forum friends face to face, instead of letters on a screen:
Manfred - my Latvian wood sculptor friend
James - my newest adopted Grandad
Kazoom - what a sweetie
(we took a group photo in case Frank can figure out how to put it on here somehow)

Lady Mare also revealed herself to a few chosen ones. She is a pretty cool chick, but a bit of a dark horse - rather secretive, but likeable and very funny once you get to know her.

I also met lots of new friends - Trisha, Pamela and Ray, and other people I will never see again, but who showed me such overwhelming support, encouragement and friendship. Thank you to you all!

You see - I did my first attempt in the Performance competition, and I have to say I surprised a few people with my choice of poem, including myself. I got second - but who got first????? drumroll........... - JAMES!!! Congratulations, you were wonderful!!!! And Manfred won the Open!!! He also won the Poets Brawl the night before - love the trophy (flutter, flutter).

Glenny and Al have done an absolutely wonderful job of turning their block into a truly inspiring place - bottlecap decorated bar, picket fence, "his" and "hers" dunnies complete with red-back spider, mini campfires, the "dam with no water", magicians, musicians, a tick-chewing dog and a dancing wolf in the trees. Wonderful, wonderful, place.

What an exciting weekend.

Kym.

Irene

Post by Irene » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:39 pm

Kym was known as The Mad Mare on the bushverse site also- and her poetry still entertains the many visitors to the site.
Re-posting this pic here at Manfred's request.

Bundy and camels 004.JPG
Bundy and camels 017.JPG
What goes around, comes around.

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:06 pm

October 2011 at the Babies of Walloon statue the year that Kym won the Ipswich Poetry Feast.
Babies of Walloon.jpg
Last edited by Maureen K Clifford on Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Heather

Post by Heather » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:17 pm

Kym had a place in all of our hearts. It's so good to see all these happy photos. :)