for Kym

Post your images from any Bush Poetry events here.

Please keep the file sizes down to under 150kb. If your greatest image dimension is 600px or under, there will be no problems keeping within the file sizes.
Keeping the LARGEST dimensions at 600px means, if the length is 600px then the width could be the same but preferably less. Conversly, if the width is 600px then the length could be the same but preferably less.
Forum rules
Please keep the file sizes down to under 150kb and the dimensions UNDER 600 X 600px ...
Dave Smith

for Kym

Post by Dave Smith » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:11 pm

Hey Kym I guess some horses are just fraidy cats. I didn't know they could jump like that, neat photo.
For Kym.jpg
TTFN 8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I Keep Trying

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Re: for Kym

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:20 pm

The Lippizaner horses that most of us associate with the spanish riding school are taught these moves as part of their training of highly controlled, stylized jumps and other movements known as the "airs above the ground. The movement shown in the photo is knon as the capriole: a jump in place where the stallion leaps into the air, tucking his forelegs under himself, and kicking out with his hind legs at the height of elevation.

In Napoleonic times or thereabouts (1760's) these horses were an integral part of war and these moves were actually designed to eliminate or incapacite the enemy who may have surrounded the horse and its rider

The Lipizzans endured several wartime relocations that prevented extinction of the breed the first such move being in 1797. These horses all go back to 8 genetic lines. The Lipizzan breed suffered a setback to its population when a viral epidemic hit the Piber Stud in 1983. Forty horses and eight percent of the expected foal crop were lost. They are slowly recovering numbers. They are born black or dark brown changing to the grey colour as they age.

Just saying :lol:
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Bob Pacey

Re: for Kym

Post by Bob Pacey » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:22 am

How is that for both ends of the spectrum Dave :lol: :| :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And you just thought it was a funny Photo.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!