Woods Point

Post your images from any Bush Poetry events here.

Please keep the file sizes down to under 150kb. If your greatest image dimension is 600px or under, there will be no problems keeping within the file sizes.
Keeping the LARGEST dimensions at 600px means, if the length is 600px then the width could be the same but preferably less. Conversly, if the width is 600px then the length could be the same but preferably less.
Forum rules
Please keep the file sizes down to under 150kb and the dimensions UNDER 600 X 600px ...
Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Re: Woods Point

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Fri May 31, 2013 2:58 pm

I like the make do and mend garage - great recycling project :lol:
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

william williams

Post by william williams » Fri May 31, 2013 5:25 pm

Stephen if you had stopped for a while you may have found a little of the history of the town WOODS POINT the Charles brothers timber mill and the story of old Mrs Radcliffe who owned the richest Gold mine in the world until they blew a charge getting the gold that opened an under ground river that flooded the mine that filled within seven minutes drowning all the men bar one.
A lad who survived the flood waters as it rose up floating him up above the mine cage while men drowned in it and pit ponies as well. the flooding has made the mine totally unusable for ever and that is where the Morning Star mine took over.
If you wish for a beautiful drive, drive from Moe to Walhalla another mining town and then onto WOODS POINT where at one time the tallest tree lived there if my memory serves me right it was just over 400 feet high it was ALPINE ASH they grow above 3000 feet up above the snow line in the alps and its brother the MOUNTAIN ASH lives up to 3000 feet. they are both wonderful furniture and coachwood timbers

Manfred when I was a little fella I have sat many times at breakfast time at old Ma Radcliffes eating my weeties and watching SAMBA DEER wander around amongst her goats and tickling trout in Gaffneys Creek it is a cold but peacefull area and I have wonderful memories of there

BILL THE OLD BATTLER

Stephen Whiteside

Post by Stephen Whiteside » Fri May 31, 2013 6:52 pm

Thanks for this, Bill. Fascinating history.

We did stop for a little while at Woods Point, but it was rather cold, and we were looking for a pie.
Stephen Whiteside, Australian Poet and Writer
http://www.stephenwhiteside.com.au