Quambone & the Macquarie Marshes

Post your images from any Bush Poetry events here.

Please keep the file sizes down to under 150kb. If your greatest image dimension is 600px or under, there will be no problems keeping within the file sizes.
Keeping the LARGEST dimensions at 600px means, if the length is 600px then the width could be the same but preferably less. Conversly, if the width is 600px then the length could be the same but preferably less.
Forum rules
Please keep the file sizes down to under 150kb and the dimensions UNDER 600 X 600px ...
Heather

Re: Quambone & the Macquarie Marshes

Post by Heather » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:43 pm

Wow is all I can say. WOW! :D

Digital camera manny?

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:01 pm

Mannie great pictures and great colour, I’m a bit keen on the shearing shed looks like a bit of wool still about, is that a working shed? Interesting to see the gear still up and the plank. I guess it is Oregon, they used to use that a lot as it didn’t warp and throw shaft out of line
I do have a thing about shearing sheds and water holes.

Goodonya

TTFN 8-)
I Keep Trying

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:55 am

Yes Heather, digital (you should have seen the ones I threw away). That's why I got the solar panels, to charge the camera batteries - and keep my beer cold. ... :D

Yes Dave, it's a working shed. I too love poking around shearing sheds and old homesteads ...

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:47 am

Great photos Manfred. :)

I don't know much about timber Dave. I know that there is a fair bit of cypress in those parts and termites don't go for cypress. Maybe... hard to tell for me.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:18 pm

That last one with the windmill would look gerat with a short poem overlaid Manfred !

You would on a winner I think.

Robert
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:09 am

Yes Neville Cypress has the same qualities as Oregon or Douglas fir and both are known as Hemlock or Pseudotsuga (meaning "false hemlock") so the White ants sure don’t like it.

TTFN 8-)
I Keep Trying

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:29 pm

Dave. Back in the nineties I worked at the Police Station at Bourke, which is about 200 km northwest of the Maquarie marshes. To do some work under the building it was necessary for a hole to be cut in the floor of my one hundred year old office. This revealed that the floor boards were 30mm thick cypress, as good as the day it was put down.
There was a large timber mill at Bourke in my days there, which processed cypress. We used to get the offcuts and use them for firewood. Cypress spits and crackles and explodes like crackers in a fire. The mob that had lived in my house didn't worry about a firescreen and the carpet was all covered in burn holes. Wonder they didn't burn the place down. :roll:
Last edited by Neville Briggs on Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:30 pm

I'd sure like to have a truck load of those boards now.
I Keep Trying