Just sharing

Post your images from any Bush Poetry events here.

Please keep the file sizes down to under 150kb. If your greatest image dimension is 600px or under, there will be no problems keeping within the file sizes.
Keeping the LARGEST dimensions at 600px means, if the length is 600px then the width could be the same but preferably less. Conversly, if the width is 600px then the length could be the same but preferably less.
Forum rules
Please keep the file sizes down to under 150kb and the dimensions UNDER 600 X 600px ...
Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Just sharing

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:34 pm

My second painting - finished apart from a touch of gold paint/leaf around the stencilled frame.

Mahalia at the back and Anushka the little Border Collie we had out on the property. In real life these girls never met each other but they would probably have got on OK together.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

r.magnay

Re: Just sharing

Post by r.magnay » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:29 pm

...looks pretty good to me Maureen,....lot better than revolting dot paintings anyway!.... 8-)
Ross

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:47 pm

You are very clever Maureen. .

Heather :)

mummsie

Post by mummsie » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:04 pm

Well done Maureen. The first thing I noticed when I looked at this was the look you've captured with Mahalias eyes, they melt you. A dog with eyes like that gets me every time.

Cheers
Sue
the door is always open, the kettles always on, my shoulders here to cry on, i'll not judge who's right or wrong.

Maureen K Clifford

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:43 pm

Ross - I wanted to paint Dot but she wouldn't sit still :lol: :lol:

Thank you Heather it was a labour of love - there are actually 10 coats on Mahalia to try and get those spots looking right and you are right about the eyes Sue - she has the most soulful eyes of any dog I have ever owned. You just melt when she puts her head on your lap and gazes into your eyes.

Being an abused dog you have no idea how long it has taken her to trust enough to do that. I must have sounded like the TV show Kath and Kym. Look at me Mahalia, look at me was the directive everytime I needed her to do something, and now she does God love her. Sometimes I actually catch her eyeballing me with that Border Collie stare and that really makes me very happy. She is no longer frightened.

Cheers

Maureen

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

r.magnay

Post by r.magnay » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:35 pm

...touche Maureen....you're too good for me... ;)
Ross

Maureen K Clifford

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:25 pm

Oh that's the problem Ross I am too good for most men which probably explains why they don't hang around :o ;) :lol: :lol: :roll: I did try being naughty but never really got the hang of it. :shock:

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:41 pm

Please explain Naughty Maureen ???

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Robert
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Maureen K Clifford

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:51 am

Oh you know Bob - those things that come in the mail - in plain brown envelopes, those lovely silver bangles that you can join together, black leather and fishnet stockings. Roll- a- doors. That kind of thing ;) :roll:

Rimeriter

Post by Rimeriter » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:08 pm

Maureen, I do not believe you - innocent eyes.