croc's a Grampy!!

Post your images from any Bush Poetry events here.

Please keep the file sizes down to under 150kb. If your greatest image dimension is 600px or under, there will be no problems keeping within the file sizes.
Keeping the LARGEST dimensions at 600px means, if the length is 600px then the width could be the same but preferably less. Conversly, if the width is 600px then the length could be the same but preferably less.
Forum rules
Please keep the file sizes down to under 150kb and the dimensions UNDER 600 X 600px ...
croc

Re: croc's a Grampy!!

Post by croc » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:52 pm

G'day to you all.

Sorry for not having got back to you well wishers and congratulators earlier but I have been as busy as a dingo with fleas. It's been six mad weeks of packing, moving, and unpacking, then trying to get a house full of mud 'unmudded' and then trying to get the old ute set up with new suspension so it could be better overloaded ... and it just goes on like Pecks paste.

However, I have a couple of spare minutes now after returning from the dentist... a round trip of over 200 clicks... got stuck behind a bloody 'wide load' which was wide as well... 6 meters, and the road is barely that... most of it inclined upwards... 60kph and upward to 70kph... once the truck made a mad dash and got up to 75kph... and that went on for the best side of 50 clicks... I digress... which I am getting better at.

Tomorrow (Anzac Day) I have to be up with the kookas, don the SES uniform and go and direct traffic all round the town, then get back here and take the ute back to the workshop as I have had new springs and shock absorbers on it and by some twist of fate it has thrown the steering out by a few degrees... then a trip to the tip, lawns need mowing, and then I need to find out why half the power outlets in the place don't work, then clean out all the debris from under the house so the stumper fella can come and stump... geezus... I really do need a mate.

Anyhow... thanks to one and all for your kind words.

...croc

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:23 am

G'day croc,

Oh! the joys of sharing a house. That lovely mate of yours will have you writing poetry next!. The hide.

Never the less you men are only happy when you have something to complain about. If you are at all like my bloke, you have every tool that is know to man but can't find anything. This one here can spend days 'cleaning up the shed' and can't find a hammer to put in a nail for me to hang something on. But I've got it sorted... I have a small hammer I bought somewhere along the line - plus one of each type of screwdriver and a little shifter, tucked away in my bottom kitchen drawer. When I need him to do something, I round up the tools first. Today I would like holes drilled to insert a few cup hooks under the overhead cupboards in the kitchen to hang some utensils. Now what I really need is an electric drill. (I wonder if one of those would fit in the bottom drawer?) and a 1/8 bit.

Keep up the good work and soon you will have a lovely raised 'Queenslander' to retire in.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:54 am

croc wrote:...
... geezus... I really do need a mate.
...croc
.....what am I?....a block of flats?

Hey Zondrae! You have hit the nail on the head! (pardon the pun.) croc is a mobile Bunnings & all I hear, day & night is, 'where's my bloody.....?' I too have engaged your pragmatism in organising my 'ladies toolbox'; trouble is HE knows where it is & I end up screaming 'where's my bloody....?'
Tellyawot Zondrae...when you come to visit :D you bring your toolbox & I'll hide mine prior, & we'll go shopping together for a 'girl's drill.' We'll have this place up & running in a day or two..... :?

Cheeers
Glenny
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:32 am

Glenny Palmer wrote:
croc wrote:...
... geezus... I really do need a mate.
...croc
.....what am I?....a block of flats?

:lol: :lol: :lol: You beat me to it Glenny.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:21 am

I was just being naughty Neville. I know what he means....but I just ain't got the muscles....plus I talk girlie stuff.... :lol:
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:13 pm

LADIES - Did you know you can purchase a range of ladies tools that are pink or some have floral handles on the hammers etc -
Capture for the girls.JPG
Could guarantee that no self respecting bloke would be seen dead with them
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

r.magnay

Post by r.magnay » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:29 pm

...I bought 3 of those about as many years ago, one for my wife , one for my daughter and one for my daughter inlaw.....didn't seem to change my work load one bit!.... :roll: The only time I have trouble locating my tools of trade, is when my son or grandson are around!....but then, I am a tradesman! 8-) .... ;)
Ross

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:57 pm

Croc I keep putting me left foot on the plane to Queensland an’ the bank manage keep chucking me orf, but I’ll get there one day an’ I hope ya won’t have all the jobs done. :P

Zondrae and Glenny you can get a nice little rechargeable drill that fits into the palm of your hand in Bunnings and takes up to A quarter inch drill bit, just the job for bottom kitchen draws.

TTFN 8-)
I Keep Trying

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:56 am

G'day Maureen ( and everyone following the thread)

Trouble is Maureen, if you buy a $2 screw driver you get a $2 screw driver. I'd rather buy a mid range tool of any kind. Then they usually work better and don't snap at the first sign of pressure. Don't you hate those phillips head screw drivers with all the prongs (? I didn't know what else to call them) chewed out. You try to turn a screw and the diver spins around and you get nowhere. As for those cheapie electric drills, well again, you get what you pay for. I am not very strong therefore I need tools that will assist not hinder.

Haven't got the screw holes for my cup hooks yet.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:21 am

The idea though Zondrae (if you have someone there who can actually do it) is that you get out your dainty little girly tool set, and you start to do a bit of hammering and banging and dither far more than you need to and eventually the big boofy male will think - useless female and come and do the job for you. :lol: :lol: :lol: You get the job done and he feels macho - honour is satisfied.

If you don't have any one to do the job then best you learn to do it yourself - I have some of my Dad's tools as well as my own - heavy duty stuff - but did have to get my brother to come and change the batteries in my smoke alarms. 12 foot ceilings, ladders and me don't mix. :shock: But cup hooks - piece of cake ;)
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.