Babies of Walloon at Ipswich

Post your images from any Bush Poetry events here.

Please keep the file sizes down to under 150kb. If your greatest image dimension is 600px or under, there will be no problems keeping within the file sizes.
Keeping the LARGEST dimensions at 600px means, if the length is 600px then the width could be the same but preferably less. Conversly, if the width is 600px then the length could be the same but preferably less.
Forum rules
Please keep the file sizes down to under 150kb and the dimensions UNDER 600 X 600px ...
Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Babies of Walloon at Ipswich

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Just thought you would be interested in seeing this. Vandals have desecrated the statue of the girls which cost $50000.00. The council have offered a $4000.00 reward for information leading to the capture of the perpetrator and Reg Grundy and Joy Chambers have kindly donated $1500 to getting it recast.

A replica of this statue was Kim's trophy for the Ipswich Poetry Feast
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Rimeriter

Re: Babies of Walloon at Ipswich

Post by Rimeriter » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:53 pm

Bas%#@$s.

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:48 pm

Agreed!
I Keep Trying

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:07 am

Just how low can they go?
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:39 am

You will have to keep us updated on this Maureen.

No respect for anything these grubs.

The council up here put thorn bushes around the statues of the bulls because they kept knocking off the ( you know whats )

Now they have a steel rod embedded into a slab looks a bit odd but works.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:45 pm

... today's update (15 Apr 2012)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Maureen K Clifford

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:37 pm

But will they stay still long enough Mannie - very cute :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good idea you should suggest it to ICC as the vandal proof variety - can be locked in the little shed overnight and taken out again in the morning ;)

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Maureen K Clifford

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Great news - don't think I am breaking any secrets here but the Babies of Walloon have been recast, and extra security precautions put into place in the park ready for their replacement - there is another link to this story that may perhaps be wanted to keep under wraps so I am not divulging that other than to say it is the most terrific exciting jaw dropping piece of news - I will keep you posted.

The statue will be re erected at the Ipswich Poetry Feast this October.

Now that I am sure will make you all very happy and I have heard it looks exactly like the original so how good is that.

Also the ICC is undertaking a special inniative and planning a publication of a 10th Anniversary booklet on the Ipswich Poetry Feast which will contain all of the winning poems from over that period. There should be a donkey in there somewhere belonging to Kym :lol: :lol: and many other poems from our mates at ABPA. I have no idea of cost as yet but will let you know when I find out.

Hope you have all put your entries in for this year - don't make them to good though as I would really like to be in the running :( :roll: but entries close on the 27th July and you can email them in and pay via PayPal or credit card...extremely civilized way of doing business.

Here is the link if you have lost it

http://ipswichpoetryfeast.com.au/

Hurry up and get writing - lets make it a bumper year for the Switch and its Poetry Feast

Cheers

Maureen

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:22 pm

The statue of the "Babes" represent more than an occurrence all those years ago. It is also a place of peace and reflection for parents who have lost young ones. People come from all over Australia to visit this place.

Maureen K Clifford

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:44 am

Funny you mentioned that Mannie I was talking to a lady only yesterday about this competition and she said almost exactly that - I had never thought of that aspect but it is certainly a very pretty park in which to do so. I am rather fond of the Walloon area but not so fond of the mine shafts under it. :lol: :lol: