Manny Jr ...

Post your images from any Bush Poetry events here.

Please keep the file sizes down to under 150kb. If your greatest image dimension is 600px or under, there will be no problems keeping within the file sizes.
Keeping the LARGEST dimensions at 600px means, if the length is 600px then the width could be the same but preferably less. Conversly, if the width is 600px then the length could be the same but preferably less.
Forum rules
Please keep the file sizes down to under 150kb and the dimensions UNDER 600 X 600px ...
Zondrae

Re: Manny Jr ...

Post by Zondrae » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:49 pm

Geeze Manny,

I know a few poets who would love to send you some poems to have drawings done with a book in mind.
Have you seen Ross's Magnay's (Alice Springs) book. I know it is almost vintage now and out of print but it has been bought (on occasion) just for the art work. You have a talent there my friend. Why do you hide it? I know there are only 24 hours in a day but I'm sure people would pay for your illustrations. Where does the line start?
Zondrae King
a woman of words

r.magnay

Post by r.magnay » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:53 am

....WELL!!!....just bought for the art work huh?...........I didn't do the drawings.... :oops:

There are still twenty two copies in captivity.....but not for sale to art lovers!...... 8-)
Ross

croc

Post by croc » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:39 pm

... I had a real good look through the icons, and decided that there wasn't one there that said 'Blooper'...

...c

Irene

Post by Irene » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:41 am

Manfred - Poet, Musician, Artist!! Man of many talents!! Is there anything you don't do???? (Maybe I shouldn't ask that!! ;) )

Love them.

Irene
What goes around, comes around.

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:29 am

Well Zondrae. I have a pristine copy of Ross Magnay's book. Nah nah nee Nah Nah .

It's a beautiful book, nothing vintage about it. Superbly printed, bound and presented.
Very good drawings and very good heart felt poems of the experience of the bush.
Bought just for the artwork !!! How dare they !!!

I did a workshop a few years ago with Jim Haynes and he stressed the importance of GOOD illustrations in a poetry book. He mentioned how some people produce books of reasonable poems and then the presenttaion gets wrecked because the drawing are not competent. How do you get round that. Good question.

Maybe as you said, get Manfred to do them. :D
He is good.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.