logging in

Dave Smith

logging in

Post by Dave Smith » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:23 am

I have never had any problem till this week with staying logged on, but this week each time I go on site I must log in, any clues?

TTFN 8-)
I Keep Trying

Bob Pacey

Re: logging in

Post by Bob Pacey » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:32 pm

I think Madfred has installed an automatic bull detector so you got no chance Dave. I myself however have no problems.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:12 am

Well....& I do hate to complain, as you all know....given that our highly esteemed (& monumentally busy) webmaster does so much for all of us....but....I have just bitten my mouse in two, & am currently engaged in banging my head on the pc tower....rather uncomfortable down here.....anyway...because... I have NEVER been able to be 'logged in automatically'...well...99% of the time, regardless of repeatedly ticking the damned box & making up new swear words. croc advises that when he wants to 'reply' he is chucked back to the log in page again...(not dissimilar to our personal dynamic, but I digress.) Mannie, matey, dearest, if you can fix this damned thing....I'll put you in my will....maybe not....you don't deserve the debts.

PS. I just noticed the 'posted at' time is a bit awry too...? I also just noticed what flamin time it is! But I did have a lovely nap sitting up in the lounge chair, with my head hanging over the arm like a newly strangled chook, & a cold cup of coffee on my lap. When it was literally on my lap (spilled) I awoke! So...I guess I've had 2 hours sleep before this. This, by the way, is indeed a site issue. I can hardly see the site. I think I'm rambling, so I'll scamper off to bed. Thank you. Goodnight.
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:59 am

.... I've just duct-taped a pillow to Glenny's head. Bang away Old Girl - that nasty tower shouldn't hurt you now ... :D

No need to thank me, just glad to be of service ... 8-)

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:13 am

:lol: You shoulda been a mental counsellor Mannie :lol:

(is that really how you spell that tape...'duct?' How embarrassing. I've been calling it 'duck' tape forever. Must say I wondered why ducks ever needed 'taping'...oh dear.)
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.

croc

Post by croc » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:30 am

Hey up me owd duck... owsitgooin.
Yer or’reet duck, an our Rob is he or’reet duck, I say is he or’reet. Anth dog duck, is it or’reet an orl aye. Aye well that’s or’reet then intit duck... Aye.
Mannie: Read my sig... God gave it to me... I’m honoured. Mate, I have a real slow internet connection, slower than dial up, and a lot of folk out here rely on wireless connection; Mate, it’s like a weekend in the bloody holding cells just waiting for the site to open...and then log in; nothing to do with the site, plenty to do with Telstra.
So after I get on the site, ( I go into dreamtime) I want to post a reply. I press ‘Post reply’ and lo and behold it takes me right back to the bloody login before it will give me a reply box. Yeah, righto, so I get that far after boiling two billies, and then when I go click on username, and in the dim light of despair, right smack below it is Register, and it cops the click, and it takes me orlova pixie land into massive agreements and codes and stuff...and then the password gets tricky too because in the half light and fading consciousness, I trip over ‘I forgot my password’ and it takes me orlova pixie land into massive agreements and codes and stuff... and Telstra just spits the dummy. I’m orf the net and it’s hells own time mate to get the service that the Telstra reckoned on. So hope to the gods it don’t rain in the next hour or I’m orf the net all night. And sleep takes over.
Question. Is it possible to get a bit of distance between the boxes and the click-ons,
Username:
Register

Password:
I forgot my password

Log me on automatically each visit

Hide my online status this session

If you get this screenshot you’ll no doubt see where I am at. Oh, and the Log me in automatically each visit does not and has not worked for either Glenny or I. Ever. It hates us.
Yer a fine young man young man...
...croc

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:14 am

Morning everyone,

I have always been, and still am, logged in automatically every time I visit. Well nearly every time. On the rare occasions that I have to log in I think... "wot!! what's this log in caper?"

OK now it's some brekkie and try, try, try to finish that poem about dragonflys I started last week..... or the one about ducklings.. or ... oh well, brekkie anyway.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

croc

Post by croc » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:14 am

...some folk have all the luck duck...

...c

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:23 pm

Glenny, my dear,

I think this may well be the very last time croc replied to one of my ramblings.

Aarrrhh, what a lovely thing to find when I am searching in vane to find how to change my password to something sensible - not something that sounds like a Polish immigrant. ... and characters???? how many is the minimum - this latest password they sent me has 13! I think that is a bit OTT.

I'll keep looking.
Zondrae King
a woman of words