let us not forget

Share your recollections of days gone by....before they fade from our collective memories and are lost forever.
william williams

let us not forget

Post by william williams » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:32 pm

This may read disjointed to you but it is done on purpose to make you think.

There are many millions of you, who have never felt the searing pain, of a bullet in your guts.

And there are just as many out there, who have never felt the frightful pain of a limb shattered by a blast.

To see a face lying in a bed, with eyes that cannot see, or ears that are stone deaf, WAITING?

To see a young man who is in his prime, shuffle round the ward his brain all rattled, shell shocked.

There’s some in wheelchairs, some on crutches. Some in bed just waiting.

There are amputees with missing parts, hobbling around.

Nerves that go to pieces in the night when all is quiet, and then seeing things! Moveing in a living hell.

I have been to some Repat hospitals and seen it for myself and my heart has cried.

I’ve read poetry in these vets homes.

Maybe many of you should have seen some of these people in there former self and not what they are like now, just a shell.

I sincerely hope that none of our members take what is there amongst our fellow people with a grain of salt for many of these people

deserve our help and friendship and undying gratitude for what many of them have done so that we,

may all have the way of life, that we have today.

BILL WILLIAMS LEST WE FORGET
Last edited by william williams on Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Re: let us not forget

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:36 pm

This is one Bill that would really lend itself to being set up on an Audio with some suitable music as an intro and ending.
There’s some on wheelchairs
, probably better using in there I reckon but a good thought provoking piece of work Bill

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Rimeriter

Re: let us not forget

Post by Rimeriter » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:06 pm

"Good onya" Bill.

I certainly have not experienced those scenes you describe.

Thanks for a timely reminder.
Jim.