A bit of family history

Share your recollections of days gone by....before they fade from our collective memories and are lost forever.
Bob Pacey

Re: A bit of family history

Post by Bob Pacey » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:40 pm

I would not have said that about Marty ,Keats what I would have said was He can not be a Bastard as he seen his mother and father get married.

Bob
Last edited by Bob Pacey on Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:06 pm

Marty....The sketch of the old house is interesting.
I think that a drawing, even a rough one can have more impact than a photo.
Probably because with a drawing there is a sort of link with the hand that made it and the person concerned. And a drawing can show more clearly I think what the house was like, the old bark roof and slab walls.
The old rough drawing resonates with the old rustic house.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Trace

Post by Trace » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:04 pm

Marty, I don't know if you remember but in the early 70s I was a chemist delivery boy for Hadden's Pharmacy in Wodonga. (Stephen Wornes was one as well..). Each night I had to do the run up to the hospital to deliver medication for the patients. Nanna (Lena) was in hospital for a number of her latter years, and mum used to give me a bottle of stout to drop off to Nanna nearly every time I went there. The Sister-in-Charge knew what was going on, joking about Nanna's special medicine. How the world has changed! I don't think they let under-age grog runners anywhere near hospitals these days!

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:16 am

... when men were men, and so were the Sheilas ... :D

Not only an insight into your Family history Marty, but also the times and conditions. The times are reflected in the People - what a treasure.

Thanks for sharing ... :)

keats

Post by keats » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:42 pm

One of the really great things thrown up to us by the World Wide Web. So many people have now been able to either extend or finalise their Family Trees due to the incredible depth of information and history as well as the increased ability to communicate with others and swap information. Between this and Angry Birds, I think the Internet is the best thing since the introduction of twist top wine bottles!

Keats