The games we played

Share your recollections of days gone by....before they fade from our collective memories and are lost forever.
william williams

Re: The games we played

Post by william williams » Thu May 19, 2011 9:26 am

yeh I remember the progressive Barn Dance, Pride of Erin, Foxtrot, But the best of all was the last dance THE MODERN WALTZ with the lights down low Yes those were the days And the supper put on by the CWA at the Rodeo Dance Oh well back to my bread and dripping sandwich

Bill the old Battler

keats

Post by keats » Thu May 19, 2011 9:59 pm

Played with a stick when I was a kid too. Have you played one of these video games the kids play now? They are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After two weeks I was Lord, Master and God of 6 Nebulas, 238 Universes and several billion planets, controlling 1670 Kazillion people, who very existence depended on me, and you want me to play with a stick? My grandpa spent half his life looking for Hitler! I found him and killed him in 20 minutes!!!! AWESOME!!!! But you want me to play with a stick?

Get with it Grandfolk Dudes!!! IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Fri May 20, 2011 3:09 pm

But Keats when we played with a stick it was transformed by our imagination. The computer games don't need imagination, the computer imagines for you.
Maybe that's why we find it hard to get young poets. Poetry requires a developed imagination.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

keats

Post by keats » Fri May 20, 2011 5:04 pm

Ah, that was called s.a.r.c.a.s.m.

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Fri May 20, 2011 6:14 pm

WHAT!! Neil McArthur Being sarcastic never…. :twisted:

TTFN :lol: 8-)
I Keep Trying