You Tube Clip ...

For video and audio LINKS to forum member's performances and presentations on You Tube, Vimeo etc.
The maximum file size for an AUDIO UPLOAD is 4.5 Mb
(No video uploads are accepted - LINKS ONLY)
manfredvijars

You Tube Clip ...

Post by manfredvijars » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:49 pm

A You Tube clip with rhyme and metre but no 'bush' ... :(

http://youtu.be/uDJz73Stfjc

Neville Briggs

Re: You Tube Clip ...

Post by Neville Briggs » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:20 am

Well done Mannie. You could make a fortune as one of those televangelists. :lol:

What do you mean, no bush in it. There's plenty of rubbish dumps and gas wells and clear felling out in the bush, not to mention storms, floods and fires. ;) there's even people in the bush.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:22 pm

Like Neville - I thought it had plenty of 'bush' in it as well. I really like this piece Mannie - it needs to be shared as you are saying it like it is and I couldn't agree more with the thoughts and statments you have shared. We (as a nation and as a world) need to show more respect for the Mother than we do - I'm thinking that prhaps with the current cataclysmic events that she is hurling our way that she is well and truly ticked off with us now
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:26 pm

Thank you Nev, Mausie for taking the time to have a squiz. Had a bit of fun putting that together - still a bit rough. Next one should be better ...

The Kids out in Western Queensland are playing around with this stuff through Distance Education and we're currently in negotiation with the Winton Business and Tourism Association to organise a "You Tube" comp for budding young Bush Poets in the far Western reaches ... stay tuned for that one ... :)

Catherine Lee

Post by Catherine Lee » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:35 pm

This is great Mannie - very well put together, and on a subject that's been on my mind a lot lately too.

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:19 pm

Thank you for your kind words Catherine ... :)

alongtimegone

Post by alongtimegone » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:32 pm

Not rough at all Manfred. I really enjoyed it. Both the poem and your performance. Why don't more members take advantage of audio upload posts? Always good to hear the writer of a piece performing it with the dynamics intended.
Wazza

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:21 am

Thanks Waz. Digital isn't really that daunting, a bit of a learning curve but a great adventure .. :)

thestoryteller

Post by thestoryteller » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:11 pm

An incredible home Manfred. Just need to learn how to live on it and live with it.

Merv
Some days your the pidgeon and other days the statue.