Gawd! Cop this one!

For video and audio LINKS to forum member's performances and presentations on You Tube, Vimeo etc.
The maximum file size for an AUDIO UPLOAD is 4.5 Mb
(No video uploads are accepted - LINKS ONLY)
Frank Daniel

Gawd! Cop this one!

Post by Frank Daniel » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:59 pm

Here's one I don't think I'll be listening to again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQvWgMdj ... re=related

Bob Pacey

Re: Gawd! Cop this one!

Post by Bob Pacey » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:07 pm

Hit the bored button twice, This is why people get put off Bush poetry for life.

How did you stumble on this Frank.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:48 am

what's more amazing are the comments telling her how amazing she is - that's truly amazing. I've heard shopping lists read with more expression :lol: :lol:
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:59 am

It's pathetic, in the proper meaning of that word. It shows how some people just don't understand poetry, she, sadly has no feel for poetry. She certainly does not understand enjambment.

She is reading it with no connection to the language or vision of the moment in which it was written. Maybe her generation cannot connect with the pionerering days, they get taught to despise our heritage as one of rapacious plundering and nothing else.

And a passing thought, as we read each others contributions in this site, I hope we don't read them to ourselves with the same shallow hasty glance.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:12 am

Frank Daniel wrote:Here's one I don't think I'll be listening to again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQvWgMdj ... re=related
I agree, and there are others, equally boring!!

I had to comment, not sure if it will be approved but here it is ...

"This piece was read as if the reciter has no connection to the work ... sing-song - just like a primary school kid with no understanding of the piece. WHERE IS THE SOUL OF THE POET???
Boring as 'bat shit' (to me) ... Sorry, 'readers' of poetry have no passion!!"

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:21 am

Manfred....I did have the passing thought that this person was deliberately doing this piece as dreary doggerel to " take the mickey " out of bush poetry. Just a couple of small ingredients of her intro and presentation rang the bells to my suspicious mind.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:38 am

No, not really. She's actually a singer, having a crack at READING :evil: ... Unfortunately there are others of equal and greater boredom. I know, they're just "having a go", but at the very least - Please, some EXPRESSION!!!!

(Have I ruined someone's 'Happy' New Year already??) ... :(

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:49 pm

I've done my best....after I recovered from the attack of the Vapours that assailed me. I was sooo dismayed that I signed up to post her my thoughts....which were...

'G'day from Oz A G Princess. I am a professional writer & performance poet & I judge & teach this highly skilled CRAFT. I always try very hard to be encouraging in my comments. May I pleeese encourage you to visit the Australian Bush Poets' Association website, where there are audio uploads of some professionals performing our much treasured & iconic verse. (just Google ABPA Poets). We work extremely hard at preserving & promoting our CRAFT, & especially would appreciate its distribution in the States to be loyal to the passion & unique talent our verse warrants. You appear to have a good following, & we Aussies rely upon you to present us in the best light possible. Pleeese incorporate some of the passion & professionalism our CRAFT & country deserve. (And will you be kind enough to edit Banjo's surname. It is 'Paterson'...& does not have 2x 't's in it.) I hope you receive this in the spirit with which it was written. All the best. Glennypoet from OZ.'

I'll just go & have a lie down now....aaaaargh!
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:29 pm

Goodonya Glenny, In the true blue Aussie way.

Ya ol' Mate Dave.
I Keep Trying

keats

Post by keats » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:12 pm

Well at least she didn't have to read it like Jack Thompson! lol

And I have seen it done with even less passion!

Happy New Year All