If I Could Visit Heaven

For video and audio LINKS to forum member's performances and presentations on You Tube, Vimeo etc.
The maximum file size for an AUDIO UPLOAD is 4.5 Mb
(No video uploads are accepted - LINKS ONLY)
mummsie

If I Could Visit Heaven

Post by mummsie » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:21 pm

One of my earlier poems. Hope you enjoy listening.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
the door is always open, the kettles always on, my shoulders here to cry on, i'll not judge who's right or wrong.

william williams

Re: If I Could Visit Heaven

Post by william williams » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:02 pm

keep it going Sue and you will win now beware of the H sound don't empersize it and beware how you say your S sounds both are mongrels at the best of time on quiet spoken poems

and to those w2ho recieved a copy of that CD let me know what you thought of it

Bill the old battler

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:11 pm

Very well done Sue. I enjoyed that :) I thought that your voice was clear and your pronunciation excellent, also the style and and pace of your reading, I thought, was perfect for the mood and the subject.
I assumed it was ( imaginative bits aside ) from your own experience of loss, and you have expressed in your writing what's true to your feelings. That's what I thought. :)
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

mummsie

Post by mummsie » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:04 pm

Thanks Bill and Neville. I wrote this poem after my six year old grandson asked me recently, ''If you could go to heaven, just for a little visit, who would you talk to? Left me thinking, as grandkids often do, and as he had just lost his dog and was told ''Honey is in heaven'', I guess he was looking for some way he might be able to go there and see her, maybe he thought being Nan, [and we all know, Nans can fix anything :) ] I would be able to come up with a way to put things right. He left me speechless. :( But your right Nev, personal experience is very much behind this one.
Bill has just put audio to this recording [Thanks for that Bill, you are a champ] and I think it makes the world of difference.

Cheers
Sue
the door is always open, the kettles always on, my shoulders here to cry on, i'll not judge who's right or wrong.

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:49 am

Oh Sue this is beautiful - your voice is perfect for this, it was a delight to listen to

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.