VALE RUTH DAVIS

For posting notices of interest to members - notices that may not make it to the Mag or the Web-site.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Brenda Joy

VALE RUTH DAVIS

Post by Brenda Joy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:29 pm

Gregory North passed on the sad news --
Ruth Davis, wife of John Davis from Ulladulla, passed away this morning.
Ruth won the Senior's Encouragement Award at the 2016 Man From Snowy River Festival in Corryong Victoria and was a great fan and supporter of John and bush poetry in general. Ruth had been battling cancer for many years and passed away peacefully at home with family.

A gentle and beautiful lady. To contact John <jda76436@bigpond.net.au
Sing HU to open your heart.

Zondrae

Re: VALE RUTH DAVIS

Post by Zondrae » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:08 pm

I have been off the air for quite some time due to illness and the passing of my husband and it is a sad thing that my first post and look around the site comes up with this sad news. I will contact John privately. Meanwhile may I say the poetry scene and social functions in general around Ulladulla will be much diminished by the absence of this dear Lady.

They will miss you at Kangaroo Valley Poets Breakfast Ruth. You and John were always the first in the door..

Now there is a song that goes "If you believe in forever, then life is just a one night stand."
and if there is a poetry heaven you know there is a great lot of supporters and poets waiting for us.
Who can say , maybe you might bump into my Wayne at the merchandise table in that big poetry venue in the sky..
Zondrae King
a woman of words