Blue the Shearer

For posting notices of interest to members - notices that may not make it to the Mag or the Web-site.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Peter Mace

Blue the Shearer

Post by Peter Mace » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:55 pm

Blue the Shearer.

Unfortunately Blue is quite sick at present. Here is a message from Russell Hannah re Blues condition.

Peter

Some disturbing News
I have just been talking to Pat Wilson Who is the notorious ‘Resident Censor’.Blue, as most of us know has not been well for some time now and has had a couple of bouts of Pneumonia and a severe ulcer on his foot which would have required amputation but he was not well enough to have that draconian Operation.
The offshoot of this is that Blue has decided to take control of his own life and has decided that he will no longer take medication. He has been in Penrith Hospital but has made the decision to go into palliative care in Springwood where it is much easier for Pat and his family to visit him. If he is well enough Mairi, myself and Bev, Peter & Yvonne Butler hope to visit tomorrow. I’ll be able to give a better report after seeing him, Pat said he was barely conscious today but they are attributing that to the extra morphine he requires to move from Penrith to Springwood.
Pat is very saddened but is bearing up well- They have been married for well over 65 years- I remember being the MC at his 60th Wedding Anniversary which was quite some time ago because the late Dave Meyers who recited one of Blues Poems, was there. Pat said it is Blue’s decision to go into Palliative care and she respects his decision and won’t interfere. You really would expect nothing less from a people of both Blue and Pat’s calibre.
Anyway I’m sorry to be the bearer of such bad News. Blue turned 89 on Australia Day and the cradle snatching Pat was slightly older and turns 90 soon.
I’ll try to keep you, his friends, up to date with developments.
In sorrow
Comradesirbigruss

Peter Mace

Re: Blue the Shearer

Post by Peter Mace » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:30 pm

Sad to report that Blue has passed away. I have lost count of the number of poets breakfasts, competitions and shows that I have been involved in and I doubt there were any where someone did not recite one of Blues poems. Vale Col Wilson.

keats

Re: Blue the Shearer

Post by keats » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:26 am

Very sad loss indeed, mate. Great to work with and a very lovely bloke.

Neil