Request for 'doggie' Poetry

For posting notices of interest to members - notices that may not make it to the Mag or the Web-site.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Catherine Lee

Re: Request for 'doggie' Poetry

Post by Catherine Lee » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:13 pm

Here's the reply I've just received from David regarding the doggie poetry - sent to a couple of you I think but just in case anyone missed out...

I've just returned from overseas in the last 24hrs, hence my silence between when you sent your verses and now. I've not read any of them yet, and shall make contact with you individually on having done so. many thanks for submitting them to me.
> Catherine - you asked for more info on the proposed book. It has been in the pipeline for some years (as many books have been) but it must reach fruition soon, or else. There are some ninety verses so far, from the convict era onwards. All the so-called Australian masters are there with the exception of Will Ogilvie, as well as lesser-known versifiers of the same and later eras, plus some modern-day operators.
> The intention is to register the book as a non-profit 'thing' with the ATO, and to forward any proceeds to a charity (yet to be determined) which lacks the publicity/fund raising organisation of the big two charities which devote themselves to raising money for their causes (which involve dogs and their welfare.) Feel free to question me further if the information needs further elaboration.
> Kindest regards to you all. Sincerely, David Howard.