Vale Milton Taylor

For posting notices of interest to members - notices that may not make it to the Mag or the Web-site.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
manfredvijars

Re: Vale Milton Taylor

Post by manfredvijars » Sun May 17, 2015 6:18 pm

VALE Milly ... :cry:

thestoryteller

Post by thestoryteller » Sun May 17, 2015 6:28 pm

Some days your the pidgeon and other days the statue.

Heather

Milton

Post by Heather » Mon May 18, 2015 10:21 am

I first met Milton Taylor at Morrisett and I recall how generous he was with his time to new poets - particularly to Sue Pearce who was very new at the time. I remember him reciting a very tricky tongue twister of a poem (I don't know the name of it but I'm sure someone will). Another memory is of Tamworth where Milton seemed to always be followed by a bevy of admirers and appeared to be holding court - such was his magnetism.

I saw Milton on Sunday 10th May and he was frail but in good spirits and joked that he was continuously outliving his life expectancy. As always with Milton, he was generous with his time and comments. It was my privilege to have met him and those who he helped in their poetic journey are truly blessed to have had him in their lives. RIP Milton.

Milton and Greg at Morrisett.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mal McLean

Post by Mal McLean » Mon May 18, 2015 11:25 am

When the news of Milton's passing reached us through Long John Best at North Pine Bush Poets on Sunday morning we stood, held hands and observed a minutes silence. There were tears and stories and Miltons poetry wonderfully recited by John Best and Kevin Dean. There is many a poet who has some Milton story to share and we were privileged to have had Johns insight into the great man. Milton touched many of us in different ways and we are all richer for his life.

Mal :(
Preserve the Culture!

thestoryteller

Post by thestoryteller » Mon May 18, 2015 11:43 am

The early years.

thestoryteller

Post by thestoryteller » Mon May 18, 2015 11:46 am

The picture above might be useful for the "Gone But Not Forgotten" segment. Sadly a lot of old friends are no longer with us.

Lorraine McCrimmon

Post by Lorraine McCrimmon » Mon May 18, 2015 12:24 pm

Yes so sad to hear the news , saw him in April at National Folk Festival with his mate Dick Warwick , I have known this wonderful poet for many years
he was one of my mentors , he even went to our local school in Bungendore helping the kids to write poetry , special memories will live on in his wonderful
poetry , yes he shall be with Frank & Bobby telling yarns and smiling RIP Some poems I remember are Queenie Lucinda O'Toole, Cecil Sullage Sucks , Down Memory Lane

Neville Briggs

Re: Milton

Post by Neville Briggs » Mon May 18, 2015 3:40 pm

A great photo Heather. :)
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Heather

Re: Milton

Post by Heather » Mon May 18, 2015 4:19 pm

It was a fun event Neville.

Duncan Williams

Post by Duncan Williams » Tue May 19, 2015 10:45 am

very sad to hear, Milton was a great poet as well as a good person. i always enjoyed watching Milton perform. he was so natural.

Duncan Williams.