Vale Milton Taylor

For posting notices of interest to members - notices that may not make it to the Mag or the Web-site.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
thestoryteller

Vale Milton Taylor

Post by thestoryteller » Sun May 17, 2015 9:01 am

Sadly received an email to say that Milton Taylor sadly passed away Saturday evening 16th May at Home with his Daughter Michelle and Family.

I have many good memories of Milton and they go back to when I first became involved with bush poetry and admired Milton's passion for bush verse and his ability to write and perform the same. His passion came through in his written verses and his performances, so much so his peers rewarded him with recognition on many occasions.

He was known to have shared his skills with so many young ones and helped many of them develop a similar love for writing and performing.

It was a pleasure to have shared the stage with the old mate and Chris and I would like to send our condolences to all his family.

Last edited by thestoryteller on Sun May 17, 2015 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Some days your the pidgeon and other days the statue.

keats

Re: Vale Milton Taylor

Post by keats » Sun May 17, 2015 9:59 am

Thanks for letting us know Merv. Bloody sad day. Great mate and performer. Brilliant writer and going to be missed sadly by all, especially all the kids he mentored over the years and brought to our Bush Poetry family. A very sad day indeed.

Thanks

Neil

mummsie

Post by mummsie » Sun May 17, 2015 11:11 am

Another one of our finest gone. Thanks for the memories Milton.
I was so saddened to hear this news today and then a thought came to mind that brought a bit of a smile. Frank welcoming Milton at the pearly gates and saying "I told ya God would get ya"
RIP Milton.

Sue
the door is always open, the kettles always on, my shoulders here to cry on, i'll not judge who's right or wrong.

william williams

Post by william williams » Sun May 17, 2015 11:27 am

Flammin hell sad to see you go Milton but you won't be lonely with Frank being up there. RIP

Bill Williams

keats

Post by keats » Sun May 17, 2015 12:52 pm

Bobby Miller will have him at the Pearly Gates Pub before Frank even spots him!! lol

Great bloke and sad loss.

Neil

Terry

Post by Terry » Sun May 17, 2015 1:34 pm

Very sad to hear, I've long admired his brilliant writing.

Terry

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Sun May 17, 2015 2:16 pm

That's sad news, a great loss.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Brenda Joy

Post by Brenda Joy » Sun May 17, 2015 2:36 pm

This dreadful news just came to us via email too. We are deeply saddened -- a great poet and a great friend. We are enquiring but if anyone has any details it would be much appreciated if you could pass them on as soon as possible so that we can circulate them to all who loved and cared for Milton as we did.
Brenda and Hal
Sing HU to open your heart.

Brenda Joy

Post by Brenda Joy » Sun May 17, 2015 2:54 pm

A vale to Milton is on the main website. There are no details of the funeral arrangements yet. Will keep you all posted when we know.
Brenda
Sing HU to open your heart.

Heather

Post by Heather » Sun May 17, 2015 5:54 pm

What a gentleman; what a beautiful, beautiful, man. I count myself fortunate to have met him and am so very thankful to have caught up with Milton a week ago and had one last hug. He will be so sadly missed.

Heather