Vale tony Dale - North Pine Bush Poets

For posting notices of interest to members - notices that may not make it to the Mag or the Web-site.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Mal McLean

Vale tony Dale - North Pine Bush Poets

Post by Mal McLean » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:22 pm

I have taken the liberty of reposting here Wally Finch's message to North pine members yesterday.

Dear Fellow Members
With a heavy heart it is my unpleasant duty to advise you that Tony Dale has lost his long fight with a series of cancers. He passed away at home at 2.45 am this morning. His funeral will be at 1.00 pm Thursday 2nd April, Northern Gardens, Deception Bay.
It would be appreciated if as many members as possible could attend as a mark of respect to one of our own who has so consistently demonstrated remarkable courage and positive energy throughout this fatal ailment. He has truly been an outstanding example to us all.
On one of many personal notes, Tony and I worked together in our first gig on Australia Day 1997. His dedication to our rehearsals was always an impressive lead up to a very professional show.
In the early days of the North Pine Bush Poets Group Tony impressed us all with the big poems he tackled. We were all very much raw novices back then and we often wondered how he did it. In those days he was a sailor and he spent many off duty hours learning the poems we admired.
Tony, we will miss you mate. Our sincere and heart-felt condolences to Chris and the boys and your grandchildren.
Wally Finch
Preserve the Culture!