100 years of Anzac

For posting notices of interest to members - notices that may not make it to the Mag or the Web-site.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
keats

100 years of Anzac

Post by keats » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:40 pm

100 years anniversary of the Anzac landing. I have 2 poems for the magazine. While you lot bitch about whether a joke is inappropriate, we just demean our Anzac legends. Very sad. And please do not submit 'guilty' verses. I really wonder what our Bush Poetry Fellowship is coming to. Cheap dirt jokes and irrelavant/argements/opinions.

This site is sadly dying

Neil

Bob Pacey

Re: 100 years of Anzac

Post by Bob Pacey » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:06 pm

Funny but discussions and opinions ect ect irrelevant or otherwise are what I always thought was what a forum was for ?

There is a section for jokes is there not, the same as for poems and general discussions so why not submit them ?

Can not see how this demeans our ANZAC legend in any way ?

No problem my end.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:15 am

Exactly right Bob, there is no connection between posts on the web site and decisions to contribute to the magazine.
In any case, the site members who post are a small minority, there are many more members of the APBA free to contribute to the magazine, presumably all the other members read it and are aware that they can contribute.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Terry

Post by Terry » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:55 am

G/day Keats
I have sent you a poem and a couple of photo's of the 'Sydney' Memorial to have a look at.

Hope it's of some interest.

Terry

keats

Post by keats » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:11 pm

Thanks Terry, got your poem and have published it. Thanks heaps for that. Good to see a couple of members respecting the event with a effort to make an Anzac submission. We are turning into a very lazy Association with only a handful of regular contributors. Maybe I can just fill it with ancient jokes and the history of British Free Verse Poetry from here. ;)

Cheers

Neil