VALE

For posting notices of interest to members - notices that may not make it to the Mag or the Web-site.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Brenda Joy

VALE

Post by Brenda Joy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:16 am

Just letting you all know that Jan Morris lost her husband Cliff this morning.
Jan as you know, is a tireless worker for bush poetry through the Tamworth Poetry Reading Group and Cliff has supported her all the way. Condolences have been sent on behalf of the ABPA but if anyone wishes to send personal sympathy notes, Jan's email is <janmorris33@bigpond.com>
In poetry
Hal
Sing HU to open your heart.

Duncan Williams

Re: VALE

Post by Duncan Williams » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:43 pm

Cliff Hathway was a true gentleman that help start the Tamworth Poetry Reading Group along with maureen Quickenden back in the early 1980's
Cliff along with his family worked in the poultry industry around the Tamworth area and knew all of the local bush poets over a thirty year span.
Cliff would recite poems at the monthly poets gathering at tamworth and attend reunions to celebrate the love of australian bush poetry.

Duncan Williams

thestoryteller

Post by thestoryteller » Sun May 17, 2015 9:03 am

A little late in coming but our thoughts are of Jan and always appreciated the hard yards her and Cliff put into Tamworth.
Some days your the pidgeon and other days the statue.

Terry

Post by Terry » Sun May 17, 2015 1:37 pm

My thoughts are also With Jan;
I'm very sorry to to hear of her sad loss.

Terry

Brenda Joy

Post by Brenda Joy » Sun May 17, 2015 2:29 pm

Merv, Chris, Terry,
My posting re Cliff was on 17th February. However, Jan is still in mourning and I am sure that she would appreciate any contact that you feel like making to help her through the on-going months of sorrow.
Brenda

Now we have the sad news of Milton's passing. I'm too much in tears to write anything worthy of a tribute to him -- he was well loved by so many including me.
Sing HU to open your heart.