THE PASSING OF FRANK DANIEL

For posting notices of interest to members - notices that may not make it to the Mag or the Web-site.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Catherine Lee

Re: THE PASSING OF FRANK DANIEL

Post by Catherine Lee » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:29 pm

So very sad to hear the news. Go well Frank - I will miss your friendly and supportive emails, not to mention the beautiful inspirational ones. God bless - you will never be forgotten.

Heather

Post by Heather » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:53 pm

Frank was one of the first people I met at my first bush poetry event - Bungendore early 2010. He was generous, witty and an absolute gentleman. Along with John Peel and Greg North, I was lucky enough to enjoy a guided tour of the area (Bungendore) where Frank grew up.

Such a sad loss.

Heather

Irene

Post by Irene » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:27 pm

Very sad to hear this news tonight. Thinking of his family and friends, and huge appreciation for all that Frank has given and done for bush poetry over the years. Rest peacefully Frank.
What goes around, comes around.

Terry

Post by Terry » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:55 pm

Rest in peace Frank.

Unfortunately I never met Frank but am of course well aware of his great contribution towards the ABPA.
And of course his expertise as a Bush Poet.

I wish now I had followed Bill's instructions a little better a couple of years ago and I may Have got to meet him.

Terry

william williams

Post by william williams » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:20 am

FOR ALL THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED FRANKS FUNERAL WILL BE AT 10.30. THIS COMING MONDAY

Brenda Joy

Post by Brenda Joy » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:57 pm

We are deeply saddened to learn of Frank's passing. A vale to Frank is on the main website and will go into the magazine.
We will send condolences on behalf of the ABPA to his daughter.
In poetry
Hal
Sing HU to open your heart.

Stephen Whiteside

Post by Stephen Whiteside » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:00 am

I am very sad to hear this. I knew Frank, but did not get a chance to know him well. What surprised me was the warmth and generosity of his friendship when he knew me so little. I am so sorry I never had the chance to get to know him better. My thoughts are with his family and friends.
Stephen Whiteside, Australian Poet and Writer
http://www.stephenwhiteside.com.au

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:43 am

Thanks to Bill Williams for keeping me informed of Franks most recent illness and passing.

Along with Barry Lake, Frank was an inspiration and mentor not only to me but to all beginners who met them at Folk Festivals and other venues where we poets gather. 2014 has seen the loss of both Barry and Frank. In these two gentlemen, and they were gentlemen, we have lost a great pool of knowledge and inspiration.

While I was in no position to attend either funeral I will cherish my memories of both of them for as long as I have. Lets hope there are Poets Gatherings in the next life.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

tom mcilveen

Post by tom mcilveen » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:56 pm

Rest in Peace Frank! You truly were, and always will be a legend. I am honoured to have had the privilege and pleasure of meeting you several times over the years at various events. I am sure that a good catholic boy like you will be up there spinning yarns and reciting poems in Bush Poets' heaven, with the best of them. God bless you Frank.

Tom McIlveen.