Kymmie ...

For posting notices of interest to members - notices that may not make it to the Mag or the Web-site.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
manfredvijars

Kymmie ...

Post by manfredvijars » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:54 am

I just received a call from Frank Eitel, telling me that Kymmie passed away last night (Mon 24th Feb) in Hospital according to her wishes. Kymmie had been spending the last few months with her family at home.

Frank wanted to let her Poetry friends know ...

I extended our collective condolences ...

Details of the funeral will be announced when they come to hand ...

Manfred.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

keats

Re: Kymmie ...

Post by keats » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:36 am

That news just knocked me on my bum. That is so, so sad. What a lovely lady we have lost and a great poet/mum/wife and grandma. I am pretty shaken over this and will respond better when the tears dry a little.

Neil

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:14 pm

God Bless and welcome a lovely soul.

I have just received her books in the mail, an everlasting memory .
Thank you, Kym, for all your beautiful poetry.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:25 pm

I only knew Kym through a bit of correspondence and exchange of some books and stamps., but I am sure we have indeed lost a lovely and kind lady. Very very sad.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

David Campbell

Post by David Campbell » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:52 pm

A great loss to us all, both personally and in terms of bush poetry. The word "lovely" has been used several times, and that pretty much sums it up...Kym was an absolute joy to spend time with.

David

Terry

Post by Terry » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:30 pm

I never met Kym personally but did have have some contact in more recent times.
It's so very sad, especially for her family and also her many friends.

Terry

Vic Jefferies

Post by Vic Jefferies » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:50 pm

A tragic loss...

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:11 pm

Farewell Beautiful Girl. You were always an angel, and now you have wings. Sincere condolences to Kymmie's beloved family.
Much love, Glenny.
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:03 pm

Devastated to hear that news- Will be missed so much by so many- Go well girlfriend - you already earned your wings :(
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Brenda Joy

Post by Brenda Joy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:56 pm

Thanks to Manfred and to Carol Heuchan for letting us know.
From Carol
"Dear Hal & Brenda –

I am writing to pass on some very sad news. Kym Eitel (Limestone Creek, Qld.,) finally lost her battle with cancer and passed away at home last night.

As we all know, Kym was a wonderful writer and a great contributor to the ABPA, acting as Treasurer until illness forced her resignation. But Kym was more. She had courage and grit. During her illness and the many gruelling treatments, she brought a breath of fresh air to other sufferers who laughed along with her poems. She was a funny girl, a sensitive and caring person, a multi award winning poet, a truly humble person and a loyal and dear friend.

Her love of horses and her talent and dedication to Bush Poetry is evident in her new Book “For the Love of Horses” It is a brilliant production in every way and a tribute to a genuine Australian.

I’m sure we all send our sympathy to her husband Frank, to her daughters and to her extended family.

Carol Heuchan

PS I would appreciate it if you would pass this around (Frank said Kym had told him to ask me (and Manfred) to let her poetry friends know). No funeral arrangements as yet – Frank will let me know."

We have sent out a letter of condolence to the Eitel family on behalf of all ABPA members. If anyone would like to send personal messages the address is 24 Sneddon Road, LIMESTONE CREEK 4701.

This is so sad for us all but Kymmie is at last beyond the reach of pain.
Brenda and Hal
Sing HU to open your heart.