EBook release

For posting notices of interest to members - notices that may not make it to the Mag or the Web-site.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

EBook release

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:01 pm

Not sure where to put this but here's probably as good a place as any

Well I've finally done it - released a book. I know I am a late starter in this but still the race is not always to the swift or so my Dad used to say.

If interested it is available through booktango on this link

http://bookstore.booktango.com/Advanced ... 1468925463

AUSSIE TAILS AND AUSSIE MALES AND ONE OR TWO OTHER THINGS

ebook cover Stanthorpe Texas Property Pictures.jpg

That's the title - here's what its about:
What is contained within this book I hope speaks for itself. It is predominantly poetry written about Australia and her people in the Bush Poetry style. There’s a yarn and a couple of jokes as well as some photos and I don’t know if it is all politically correct but it’s told as one would tell a story to a good mate – over a cuppa or a beer.

A collection of poetry and yarns written over the years. Some are true; some have a fair share of bulldust sprinkled on them. All are Australian and written with love. There’s a horse or two making their appearance, lots of dogs and more than one or two sheep. There’s the cow cocky, the farmer, the drover and sometimes a swaggie coming up the track. The odd bit of machinery roars in and the mild swear word occasionally roars out. You’ll get to read about the Aussie bush, the Aussie sheilas and blokes and get a taste of some Australian humour as well. There’s a bit of everything in here – it’s a Heinz variety. You might read some sad ones as well as some bloody mad ones. I hope there’s no bad ones. Cheers Maureen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Peely

Re: EBook release

Post by Peely » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:17 pm

G'day Maureen

I'm not sure if it is deliberate or not, given your love of animals, but I would have thought that it should be 'tales' instead of 'tails'. You might need to fix that up.

Regards

John Peel
John Peel - The Man from Gilmore Creek

Maureen K Clifford

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:37 pm

No John - totally deliberate - a lot of the stories are about the 4 legged variety. I am surprised you would think I would have mucked that up other than on purpose :lol: :lol: :lol:

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Peely

Post by Peely » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:27 am

It is a nice cover photo, but something that showed animals might have worked better to reflect the play on 'tails'. That was what my thought was. I know you, so therefore I know the connection whereas someone who doesn't know you may not make that connection and it might look like a mistake to them. Even having 'tails' in quotation marks might have made the connection easier to make for someone who doesn't know you.
John Peel - The Man from Gilmore Creek

Maureen K Clifford

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:56 am

now you tell me :roll: Good point - I never thought of that I will for the next one though

Thanks John

Cheers

Maureen

Mal McLean

Post by Mal McLean » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:10 am

Goodonya Maureen

Mal
Preserve the Culture!

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:52 pm

I bought one! Ha! Lucky meee. Ha!

GOOD LUCK MAUSEY!.....& well done. It looks bonzaa.
xx Glenny
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.