Christmas Gift

Post your true-blue Aussie yarns here.
Heather

Christmas Gift

Post by Heather » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:25 pm

True story.

Living on a property, as we do, we often like to have a cuppa or even our dinner out doors and admire the view or the sunset - that is, when the mosquitos permit. We used to have one of those green plastic outdoor tables and matching chairs but over time the chairs have cracked or broken and we only have two left. The legs on the table eventually gave up the ghost too and the table itself was used as protection for the pet rabbits from the wind and sun .

Last Christmas I hinted "gently but often" to my children that I could use an outdoor setting. I didn't really expect one, it was just a bit of a running joke. Well, unfortunately, I have a daughter with a sense of humour inherited from her mother. Come Christmas Day, I was given chocolates, books and all manner of gifts, all individually wrapped from my adoring children. Last, but not least was a large box, all beautifully wrapped. It took a bit of unwrapping and all eyes were glued to me in anticipation as I unwrapped my mysterious and largish gift. This time the joke was on me. Inside, was a lovely blue plastic kiddies' table and two weeny chairs. Hysterical laughter from daughter!

Next time she came to visit I insisted that she sit outside with me at my outdoor setting and have a coffee with me!

Funny thing is that I recently babysat for a young friend and the table and chairs were most useful for doing puzzles and having our lunch.

Heather :)

Bob Pacey

Re: Christmas Gift

Post by Bob Pacey » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:13 am

Sounds very devious Heather. For my birthday I hinted for ages about a new hat hopeing for an Akubra of course. The package contained a baseball hat ( which they know i hate ) as my ears stick out.

Oh the card was a sympathy card with the inscription " We know getting old is hard, but someone has to do it "

Good on you making her sit at it.

I have told them now just a visit from the grandkids is enough of a present for me.

Happy Easter

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Jasper Brush

Post by Jasper Brush » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:07 pm

Good Onya Heather.

True storys are the best. They never, ever fade away.

The go down with the years and become legends. :D

At least you have entertainment for the littlies. :o

John

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:52 am

Heather...Are you sure it is a sense of humour ? your daughter has :lol:
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Heather

Post by Heather » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:23 am

Neville, you might be right. It could just be revenge. :o

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:33 am

Look out Heathers up !!

Sounds like it might be a bit of like mother , like daughter.

Bob :roll: :roll:
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!