embarrassment

Post your true-blue Aussie yarns here.
william williams

embarrassment

Post by william williams » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:55 am

Embarrassment

He camped that night in a pretty, place ten miles from the nearest town.
As the sun, it slowly rose he looked over to the river, to a scene, he’d often seen before where the mist it rose slowly always changing shape.
The fire soon came to a cheerful blaze as he stoked it into life, and placed the Billy it on the fire
While standing there warming and stretched himself, wind escaped from him, making noises that erupted from down below.
He walked away from the camp, to the bushes to where nature was to take its necessary course.
He dropped his pants and bared his loins and squatted for relief, from the stew he thinks it was.
When suddenly, something hit his stern he felt a fiery stabbing pain in his behind.
He sprang up fast and turned around, his eyes, they opened wide, and there, coiled on
the ground, a snake was to be seen.
The snake, its eyes they glowed, with evil on its mind, a deadly type snake it was, it smiled, and grinned, so he thought
He slid his hand to his behind, and there, upon his shaking hand, two spots of blood, he spied.
I’m done you mongrel, he sung out, I’ve gotta get to town.
He saddle up and sprang aboard, he spurred his horse to speed, cause he was fearing for the worst.
He stopped outside the hospital; now shaking like a leaf and ran inside loudly yelling,
I’ve been bitten by a bloody snake?
Now the matron, she came a running out and tried to settle down the lad. Just show me where,
you’ve been bitten lad she quietly said to him
Well, he dropped his pant and bent over and pointed to his rear, so she could see the marks
She looked, and started laughing, until tears ran down her face, she said with laughter
in her eyes, you poor misguided chap.
Ti’s a stick that’s hit you lad and left splinters in your bum.

Heather

Re: embarrassment

Post by Heather » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:46 pm

What a relief! :)

Neville Briggs

Re: embarrassment

Post by Neville Briggs » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:29 pm

Obviously a piece of stick from the lava tree.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.