his companion

Post your true-blue Aussie yarns here.
william williams

his companion

Post by william williams » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:23 pm

His companion

She was found lying on the floor by the door of the old shearing shed a little battered and worse for wear, not like she was when I first saw her a few years ago.

In those days her shape was one to be admired she was nicely rounded with a protruding lip that many a man had felt in pleasure only to be discard when he had finished with her

All she ever longed for was to be was needed, and wanted, and held by only one man but it was not to be for she was passed from man to man not staying with each for long though at times she was held with a love that a few people may understand though they too soon discarded her when they no longer needed her.

Oh what a life she had for all she ever knew was up and down, up and down and then she would lay there silent and never moving until the next man came to use her, relieving his needs then he to would move on until someone else came to do much the same.

His needs she gave to him and his use was always the same and the words they said were much the same. I sure need that or that was good.

Many a night she had spent around the camp fire enjoying the warmth and cheery glow hearing those soft quite melodious voices as tales were told and yarns were said and there once again she was being held by firm gentle hands, hands that held her around the middle so that she may never fall and as the night grew longer and as sleep over come him she felt once again that emptiness within her.

Morning once again and again she felt that fullness with in her though it did not last for long before that emptiness’ feeling once more claimed her.

For many years those indignities she endured and for many years nothing changed until one day after all those years of roaming the old drover hung up his saddle and his spurs never more to roam.

And that old battered tin cup she now laid on the floor by the door of the old shearing shed

Written by Bill Williams ©

r.magnay

Re: his companion

Post by r.magnay » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:20 pm

A BLOODY TIN CUP! struth Bill, you really had me goin' there..... ;)
Ross

william williams

Post by william williams » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:25 pm

That's the idea Ross isn't it, To keep them guessing till the last

bill the old battler

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:13 pm

That's a beauty Bill - you had me sucked in as well :lol:
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:18 pm

I knew all the time. :mrgreen: :roll:
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

william williams

Post by william williams » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:37 pm

Ah har :? , Neville ;) You studied the clue's and didn't take much notice of the hearsay :lol: Trust you mista Plod :roll:

bill the old battler

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:49 am

Correction..I was suspicious of the writer's modus operandi. :roll: :lol:
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.