A Rarie

Post your true-blue Aussie yarns here.
Bob Pacey

A Rarie

Post by Bob Pacey » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:20 am

My uncle Earnie used to tell this at family bbqs and we as kids used to listen intently. Even though we knew the ending it was all in the telling.

On his way home from work one day he saw a movement in the bushes and went to investigate. He searched through the scrub and finally came accross this tiny furry creature the likes of which he had never seen before.

So he took it home and then tried to find out what it was. After contacting every available source no none could help him so he decided to keep it. Unfortunately it must have been only a baby whatever it was and started to grow at a very quick rate. In no time at all it was near six foot tall and not a cute as it first was and was nearly eating him out of house and home. In fact he was not game to leave it at home on it's own and so it curtailed his social life as well.

After much nagging from his wife he decided to take it back out into the bush and leave it to fend for itself and did so the next day. Much to his surprise when he got home the Rarie was there waiting for him. Now he had heard that taking an animal accross water will sometimes confuse them so he arranged with a mate to hire a boat and they took it over to an island off the coast. Once again when he got back home there was the Rarie waiting for him.

So in desperation he hired a helecopter and took it out and set it down on top of Ayres Rock but once again it beat him back home. Now he was quite fustrated by this stage and in a fit of rage took the animal up to the top of a nearby mountain range put it in a box and tipped it off the top of a cliff. Although he was not completly happy with this solution when he got home there was no sign of it.

That night he went to the local hotel, something he had not been able to do for some time because of the Raries great demands and was telling his mate about the events. When he got to the part about the cliff his mate looked at him in amazement and Earnie asked what was the problem.

Well his mate said I can understand your fustration but

" That's A Long Way To Tip-a-Rarie "

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Re: A Rarie

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:51 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:05 am

Uncle Earnie did not mind a tipple Maureen and I think most of the fun was in the telling. He would go through so many way of trying to get rid of it.

Maybe we are the only one's who remember the song ?????

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Rimeriter

Post by Rimeriter » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:35 pm

No Bob, My hearts right there !!!

Jim.

Henry Snicklesnorter

Post by Henry Snicklesnorter » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:03 pm

I can remember seeing Warren Mitchell (who played Alf Garnett) doing a standup routine where he pretended to be Hungarian. In a very thick accent, he told the audience that he would teach them a very old Hungarian love song, one word at a time. He started off with the first word "Eetza" and had the audience shout it back to him. This he followed with "Long-va" and then "tutie" and finishing with "Parairie," each time with the audience shouting more enthusiasticly. Then he got them to say all the words together, slowly at first, then getting faster, "Eetsa, .... long-va, ....tutie, ....pararie" and then finally he broke into song ....... Eetsa long-va tutie pararie, .... its a long way to go ....

Staged or not, it was well done and very funny.