THE TRUE STORY

Post your true-blue Aussie yarns here.
Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

THE TRUE STORY

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:04 am

THE REAL STORY

In times gone by or perhaps in another life the fact that the space between heaven and earth was yearly visited by a man in a red suit in a sleigh pulled by reindeers delivering gifts across the whole world in just one night was totally believable.

After all goblins and witches were there, and fairies at the bottom of the garden. Reds were once feared worldwide. Greenies were unheard of unless they came perhaps from Mars in flying saucers. Why saucers? Why not plates? Brownies were considered relatively harmless.

I am here to dispel the myth. I am just the messenger.

Flying across the Red sea under the radar can be achieved without authorities noticing. Stealth bombers do it all the time. Achieving the same result in a metal sleigh drawn by methane emitting reindeers whose harness is resplendent with metal bells – I don’t think so. Traversing the whole world in one night with enough gifts for every child on earth, said load being pulled by what equates to 9 horsepower…Helloooo, what planet did you come from?

Moments of authenticity need to be confirmed…this story about this bloke called Santa Clause does not happen. It is a myth, a physical impossibility that even the best scientists in the world are unable to duplicate. Even the refuelling is ridiculous…one would not seriously consider a trip of such magnitude could be undertaken purely fuelled by a few carrots and the occasional glass of milk.

Oh how we wish it were so, with the price of petrol at the ridiculous levels it is today. Even America seems to have pulled out of the space race and God knows they make oil.

How do the presents get underneath the Christmas tree I hear you ask? Well there has been no defined answer to that mystery but scientists are working on that one as we speak.

Fear not Virginia – there is a Santa Claus – he seems to have a lot of helpers though. No doubt some type of franchise arrangement. Also we suspect he utilizes off shore facilities to make the gifts, thus further reducing his costs. He must have a lot of elves in China.

We'll keep you posted as further developments arise - stay tuned.

PS - HOLD OFF ON SENDING THOSE CHRISTMAS LISTS TO SANTA ----- Seems that now we have blown the story Santa might have moved. Post offices across the world are swamped with a deluge of letters to Santa that are unable to be delivered due to insufficient address details - Santa at The North Pole - doesn't cut it. Might we suggest that perhaps one endeavours to locate an email address for Mr S Clause and directs any enquiries through that medium.

Maureen Clifford Э 07/11
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

william williams

Re: THE TRUE STORY

Post by william williams » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:39 am

Now Maureen please be careful what you write
About that jolly fella that flies about that night

You see my little granddaughter was there by my side
She read what you had written her eyes they opened wide

And started there to cry, No Santa she did blubbered
I tried to tell her she was wrong oh how I shuddered

That little girls heart was broken when you told that lie
And think about a kids world, where little pigs do fly

In a world like today, nice fantasies are is all that kids have

A sentimental old Battler

warooa

Post by warooa » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:02 am

Maureen are you saying that there's no such thing as Saint Knickerless? :shock:

Maureen K Clifford

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:20 am

Geez you two need to go and have a girl look - Fear not Virginia – there is a Santa Claus – he seems to have a lot of helpers though.

what I was saying was his mode of transportation was questionable. I mean how many reindeer teams have you blokes seen around of late? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:05 pm

The kookaburra can do a greater cosmic miracle than any Santa...when he laughs he makes the sun appear... :lol:
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Maureen K Clifford

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:18 pm

Exactly - thank you Marty for that well informed and succinct answer. Now any more questions???? :lol:

william williams

Post by william williams » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:52 pm

Yeh Maureen you may not believe every thing you are told, but little kids do
and I bet Marty's kids did to or was Marty a Mr scrooge

bill the old battler who believes in allowing kid to be kid until the grow up and by the way has anybody seen the tooth fairy I need her

william williams

Post by william williams » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:38 pm

yeh but Marty but I lost me choppers and we all know THE TOOTH FAIRY pays for the ones you lose AND NO YOU PEOPLE I DID NOT LOSE THEM DRIVING THE PORCELAIN BUS

OLD BILL THE BATTLER

Heather

Post by Heather » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:13 pm

Marty, Marty, Marty! Thanks for the giggle - needed it! :)

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:42 pm

Hey Bill Have a look under your pillow ? If they arn't there they are probably with your glasses. ;) ;)

Tooth Fairy indeed !!!

:mrgreen:

Bobbo
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!