A Gift of Love

Post your true-blue Aussie yarns here.
Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Re: A Gift of Love

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:14 am

Can't think of anybody who would not have had great delight in being a part of this magnificent gift - what goes around comes around Mate and like you its truly beautiful - the central panel is stunning - seems you are not the only one able to keep secrets....Have a great cruise and Happy Birthday to Laurie from ABPA since we all know him now :lol: :lol:
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

mummsie

Post by mummsie » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:06 am

Thank you for sharing Heather,the quilts look fantastic but the story behind them is even more so, what a wonderful story coming from a time that was so bleak for all concerned, enjoy it, you deserve it.
Sue
the door is always open, the kettles always on, my shoulders here to cry on, i'll not judge who's right or wrong.

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:29 am

Thanks Ross and Sue, it truly was the most amazing experience. Quilts came from absolutely everywhere. I know a lot of quilts came from QLD. What was special about these ones was that they were personal. Most people ended up with a quilt from somewhere and they did make a difference. And then there were the knitted rugs. Better Homes and Gardens put out a call for knitted squares to make rugs. I was called by the Salvation Army at one point to go and pick up some rugs to hand out. Catherine and I arrived - in two cars fortunately to be given something like 20 large rubbish bags full of knitted rugs. It was simply amazing. Filled my station wagon and Catherine's Subaru to the hilt. More rugs came after that -and in the end you couldn't give them away - I think we gave some to people in the local nursing homes in the end. People were so generous. At one point I was given some beautiful hand knitted jumpers, cardigans, baby bootees, hats etc They'd come from a shop in Brisbane that had closed down. I was even contacted by a lady who had a car to give away - but it had to be that day! I managed. ;)

Heather :)

vwalla

Post by vwalla » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:38 am

Heather
This story is delightful and puts the cynic in me on the back burner. Perhaps goodness will overcome greed after all.

Thank You
Val W

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:05 pm

Great story Heather. Wonderful quilts and wonderful photos. You are an amazing gal. oops I mean sheila. :)
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.