Walpurgis Night

Post your true-blue Aussie yarns here.
Jasper Brush

Walpurgis Night

Post by Jasper Brush » Mon May 30, 2011 9:52 pm

Walpurgis is revelry. I was fortunate or perhaps unfortunate to smuggle myself
into the inner sanctum disguised as a black overweight cat on the sweeping section of Henrietta's broom.

This poem has been sanitised so the form is in utter disarray and brief. I am not, and do not want to,describe
the scenes that unfolded before my fake pussycat eyes. Though I was fortunate to be voted in as the biggest
and blackest cat of the night.

JB

Walpurgis Night

Ephemera,
Ephemera— dull-beat,
a bell-song knell that lingers
upon scribbly-scented broom.

Broken shadows
peel off misty sheets

that waft to halls
of mephitic origins;

coven rings rejoice
in eponymous circles;

swinging hips kiss:
seduced by pleasure.

Walpurgis! Walpurgis!
a casting of black shrouds.

Sunken shrivelled breasts
renew to youthful suppleness.

Cackled high syllables
soften to sublime silken honey.

Let the fun begin.

What a night! Bloody Henrietta let me down: there was Henrietta pissed a parrot. For goodness sake I had to drive the broom home. It was 3.30:am German time when we left. You ever tried to shove a pissed witch on the pillion seat of a broom; screaming out 'Hubble bubble toil and trouble'-- shit, waving her black nailed hands around setting off mortar bomb strength explosions in a misty black Saxon sky. Only two buttons on a broom, red for go and blue for reverse. Then you have to ride the most skinny arsed horse that ever been in existence. The number of times I flipped under the broomstick with Henrietta breathing fire and brimstone with a lopsided smile on her face patting me on the head saying 'Whose a good pussy then' I lost count. The first sight of the good old Barrenjoey lighthouse was such an exhilarating sight that actually cried tears of happiness-- I was home and safe. I was home at last. I came to a screaming halt at my residence hopped off the broom gave the reins to Henrietta and sad. 'The wooden colt's all yours baby. Next Walpurgis night; No Invitation, I'm not going-- count me out.' Henrietta gave me a kiss on the cheek of cat suit cheek and said. 'See you next year Big Boy.' And with that took off sparks and cinders back draft smashing me to the ground. My last sight of Henrietta was a crazy out of control Catherine wheel silhouetted in the moon.
It had been a good night and I was tired, so with a yawn placed a key in the front door,gave a yawn, and wandered off to bed.

John

Bob Pacey

Re: Walpurgis Night

Post by Bob Pacey » Mon May 30, 2011 9:57 pm

Send me some of what you are on John !!!!!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Mon May 30, 2011 11:08 pm

There's a penetrating chill in the wind. The bright moon rises behind the shivering, nearly naked trees. A profound sense of foreboding permeates the darkness. This is the night, after all, when witches ride their broomsticks through the sky, and the natural world is forced to confront the powers of the supernatural. No, it isn't October 31 and this is not Halloween. It's April 30 and it's Walpurgis Night - but surely you knew that Bob?

Can't imagine you John as an overweight cat riding the skinniest horse in captivity...makes me laugh - you sure you weren't at the gay Mardi gras??? :lol: :lol:
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Tue May 31, 2011 5:11 am

Nup here in Yeppoon it's Monday night and the footys on Tv.

Never heard of Walpug night or whatever you call it and probably don't want to know.

Did have a couple of louts stirring up the dogs last night does that count; they must have been pretty scared as they took off bloody quick when I yelled.

Bob
Last edited by Bob Pacey on Tue May 31, 2011 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Tue May 31, 2011 8:00 am

Nup - should have had a hissy fit and cast incantations over cane toads to get the desired effect - oh and chasing them with a straw broom whilst quoting 'eye of newt and spawn of toad' or other such poetic gems would have given added empthasis. :lol: :lol:
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Jasper Brush

Post by Jasper Brush » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:26 pm

G'day Bob.

About the footy; Next Wednesday week is the start of the 'blue magic'. Haynes on the wing.

If I was 'H',s coach I would be playing him in the centres.

Yeah, W night is Halloween on broomsticks.

Regards,

John

Jasper Brush

Post by Jasper Brush » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:36 pm

Sorry for the delay, Maureen.

Yeah, spose my story needs a bit of refinement and a few spells-- cccmmmmmmmmmmmnbbbbvv.

Thank you for your humorous notations.

I appreciate your comments.

Regards,

John

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:37 pm

I knew you had a vivid imagination John but I did not reasise you were such a dreamer. Remember a champion team will defeat a team of champions any day.

Queenslander

Bob

Jasper Brush

Post by Jasper Brush » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:28 pm

G'day, Bob.

The best of luck. :D

John